• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do members typically size up from the Barrie to the Plaza?

As in, 8.5D Barrie = 9D Plaza?

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey LHS

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Cigar shade looks really great... very excited for them to arrive (I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair this morning)...

ATLVol

Reaction score
Alex from Harrison's was kind enough to send me these two pics of the Cigar PTB on Aberdeen. It's an interesting make-up; looks to be on the formal side with its sleek last, 270 flat welt with closed heel, and what appears to be a single leather sole, but the light or mid-tan welt screams casual. The shade looks pretty cool, like older Cigar; not very dark unless the lighting of the pic is deceiving. I would have preferred a double oak sole, but it appears to be single. Not sure yet if I want to pull the trigger?? Any thoughts?? @REguy

I have these and love them......go for it!

intensanity

Reaction score
(Not sure this is allowed, but a gentleman on r/goodyearwelt has done an interesting job lightening up his #8 CTs. I think they look great!)

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those cigar ptbs definitely seem like plaza last to me.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex from Harrison's was kind enough to send me these two pics of the Cigar PTB on Aberdeen. It's an interesting make-up; looks to be on the formal side with its sleek last, 270 flat welt with closed heel, and what appears to be a single leather sole, but the light or mid-tan welt screams casual. The shade looks pretty cool, like older Cigar; not very dark unless the lighting of the pic is deceiving. I would have preferred a double oak sole, but it appears to be single. Not sure yet if I want to pull the trigger?? Any thoughts?? @REguy

These are Dovers?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(Not sure this is allowed, but a gentleman on r/goodyearwelt has done an interesting job lightening up his #8 CTs. I think they look great!)

How'd he do it?

My PCTs lightened up over the last couple of yrs (one more than the other).

Next to some newish #8 for reference.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TBH not a huge fan. Not bad, just not an effect I would particularly desire. They kind of look to be #2 or Ruby. But then again, they also look they might just be a slightly lighter shade of Color 8 that is sitting in a sunbeam at the time of the picture. Don't mean to offend -- the boots are great and look to be wearing in well, just too red for my tastes and I wouldn't go out of my way to try to get that look on purpose.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uncle Mac, do you order your marcolianis from Alex Kabbaz?

nephew,
yes I do order from alex. outstanding service and great merchandise

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nephew,
thank you
good decision! the saddle is one of alden's best models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads