• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewbocka

Reaction score
How much do 405 Indy's stretch out after they're broken in? Just wondering how they should feel when trying them on..

1) Snug & comfortable
2) A bit tight & slightly uncomfortable
3) Squeezing to get in & uncomfortable

I feel like it should be at 2, but if they don't loosen up to get to 1 then that's not good. I'm also worried about it fitting perfectly when they're new and then stretching to be too big.

Thoughts?

Deepak Atreya

Reaction score
Placed an order for ravello chukkas with TSM at around 4 pm est, but haven't got any confirmation :-( . Hope it comes through ! Have dreamed about ravello chukkas way to long
1f609.png

ATLVol

Reaction score
So when did most people get the list? I didn't get it until after 5pm eastern. They must have a really archaic system for getting this thing out - almost as if they have to do it manually, person by person?!

I did not receive the list even though I have received it before....called the store to request 3 sizes and only received 1 of the 3....if anyone has the 11.5 list please send a PM.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTP, one of us is confused here. I picked up the #8 Dovers and the Natty CXL WT boot in 10D. I didn't purchase the Brown CXL PTB that I think was available in 10.5D. I bought those as firsts from LeatherSoul a month ago... ;-)
I'm the one that was confused. The #8 Dovers were one of the other pairs I had some interest in also. But again, I was trying to be funny (not very successfully though).

totalair1

Reaction score
Nothing real exciting in Bigfoot size on the 2nds list except for a size 13C tassels in cigar. I've already got those.

Glad some y'all made some good scores today.

See Ya,
Steve

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Anything good in 11 E? (I'm guessing everything is gone anyways). 11.5d/e weren't too great

dcinitial

Reaction score

Same situation. I got the order confirmation like an hour later. I placed my order at around 3:30

Haha after reading your post, I checked my spam and sure enough got the confirm. Hoping these #8 captoes fit!

LittleViti

Reaction score

Those Brown CXL Dovers are sweet. I have bought a full-strap loafer in #8 and a Cigar Captoe Balmoral. Both have had no discernible flaws to me. The #8's just had a lot of bloom, just took a few minutes to buff out.

Cigars after a few wears.

Full-Straps with massive bloom.

-Mike

@mdubs - those cigar capote bals are great--any chance it's 11.5D? :satisfied:

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten an order confirmation yet either. But I figured that they were absolutely swamped. They must dread sending out the seconds list. I would.

-Mike

I could only imagine how it was a couple months back when they had the flood of discounted whiskey, ravello and cigar

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great googly moogly.
#4 still best shell color, IMO.

Thanks sir. #4 boots are nice.
Uncle Mac who?!
Honestly, the most exclusive collection here.
I've run out of things to say to you sir.
I need to step up my grass game. :confused:

Thanks blue, I've been very lucky w my alden hunt so far. I really should tell my lawn guy how much love his work gets.
I know the Ruby is Carmina, but where did the #2 come from?
I don't know if I'm more jealous of the shoes or the fact that his grass is green...more snow on the ground this morning.

I think my snow trumps your rain... they work indoors too!

Sorry to near about the snow boys, I panic if I'm wearing shells and it drizzles.

Vicious49

Reaction score
They must dread sending out the seconds list. I would.

-Mike

I doubt it since the last few times it's been pretty weak. This time did have quite a few good finds but I'm on my buying hiatus so . . .
musicboohoo[1].gif

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning commute with cigar captoe bals, APC wool mac coat, J Crew suit and Jack Spade bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads