• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

All of the shoes said 'excluded from promo code' for me except the shell LWBs.

I was able to get the promo code to work on a couple pairs.

Vicious49

Reaction score
I was able to get the promo code to work on a couple pairs.
I tried adding every single one to my que regardless of the size and all of them but 1 said excluded. Maybe I caught them when they were finishing up cleaning up the code.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I tried adding every single one to my que regardless of the size and all of them but 1 said excluded. Maybe I caught them when they were finishing up cleaning up the code.

Sounds like it because today I can't get the code on any of the shoes I could yesterday.

Techdaddy

Reaction score
More longwing love today. 975 is killer!

FYI, these are 3 years old and worn frequently; not much in the way of creasing and rolls.

See now, I think the creasing on those looks nice... Maybe I’ll treat myself with a pair of boots in the color 8

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score
I don't like how a lot of those pairs on J.Crew were only going up to 11.
spinaltapamp.jpg

Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come - only going up to 11M.

Last edited:

coinopcollector

Reaction score
I have a pair of AE Leeds in shell and the roles are not appealing to me. Also, the shell is really stiff compared to calfskin. I have seen some people in this forum that has fewer roles then others and if there was something special they were doing.

I personally think the amount of roll is partly the result of fit and partly the way an individual walks. None of my shell has bad roll or real curved up front ends the way I see in some pictures. I think that is because of my gait, I tend to come down on the back of my heel first. I also prefer my shoes a bit on the longer side.
Two years ago I talked one of my business partners into getting a pair of Shell PTB's on a trip to NY. He said he wore a size 12 D so the gave him the 1/2 size down spiel and he just accepted it and came home with an 11.5D. As soon as I saw them I thought they looked small on him and after only one wearing he had them wrinkled as hell. He also is heavy set and walks on the side of his feet. He blew through the double leather soles on the sides in under 9 months. He had them resoled locally and again blew through the soles in under a year. He has since determined that he needs a shoe with a rubber sole. I haven't seen the PTB's on him in a long time, and I think he gave up on them.

docalden2013

Reaction score
It's been a full and hectic day at the office here. I don't have much to contribute informationally or pictorially for today. However, I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for the members of this thread and how you conduct yourselves in the most gentlemanly way. I've recently made a foray into other brands and interests and, accordingly, have begun perusing other sf threads. While I've also appreciated the information and pictures I've encountered in those other threads, it's been my experience that there is much more flaming and trolling if not overt snippiness, passive aggression and hostility there. We here in the Alden department seem to be able to share our enthusiasm and even our conceptual disagreements without getting catty or losing civility (even when it comes to the calf vs. shell debate). Thank you for the camaraderie and for supporting my ongoing habit. Good day, good sirs!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a full and hectic day at the office here. I don't have much to contribute informationally or pictorially for today. However, I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for the members of this thread and how you conduct yourselves in the most gentlemanly way. I've recently made a foray into other brands and interests and, accordingly, have begun perusing other sf threads. While I've also appreciated the information and pictures I've encountered in those other threads, it's been my experience that there is much more flaming and trolling if not overt snippiness, passive aggression and hostility there. We here in the Alden department seem to be able to share our enthusiasm and even our conceptual disagreements without getting catty or losing civility (even when it comes to the calf vs. shell debate). Thank you for the camaraderie and for supporting my ongoing habit. Good day, good sirs!

+1, you're a good man Doc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads