• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikW

Reaction score
Wish the code worked on the JCrew Alden boots, but it doesn't.

Other news, this may be a silly question, do you use a deer bone on your CXL boots or just on shell?

PeterL

Reaction score
I just tried it and it keeps saying I can only use that code after a valid form of payment has been entered. Tried it with a Visa and MC.
Try enter the promo code then put your zip code to Estimated Tax.

Shanil

Reaction score
Think it's time I add another shoe to my collection and came up with a sizing query. Unfortunately, I live too far from a retailer to try anything out.

My current favorite pair is the cigar shell captoe boot on the Grant last (size:8D). Fine overall fit and just a tad tight in the toe area. I've been looking at Barrie last shell shoes for my next buy and was wondering if I should still size down half a size? I recall reading that Barrie and Grant are very similar in length, with the former being a bit wider. Perhaps an 8D Barrie would give me that extra bit of space in the toebox and not warrant sizing down?

Appreciate any feedback from you experienced folk!

Dillardiv

Reaction score

I just tried it and it keeps saying I can only use that code after a valid form of payment has been entered. Tried it with a Visa and MC.

^ play around with it a little.  im serious.

My method was add the LWB to my cart, then put in the code. It gave me the error that the code would only work after putting in the right form of payment. But I just clicked to the next page where you input your address and all that and the sale price was what was showing. I just kept going through the process and it all went through.

docalden2013

Reaction score
^ worked for me, just have to jiggle it a little.

but doesn't work on the Captoe Boots, which is the one I want, specifically says excluded.
Try talking to a personal stylist. If you cite a precedent in which the 975 went via discount, depending on which person you speak with, you may get a free pass. The stylists tell me they are happy to be a bit liberal with their policies to help out "loyal" customers.

docalden2013

Reaction score
You need professional help - unless of course you cure yourself by getting yourself a pair.
biggrin.gif
I do need professional help, but I fear there is no viable treatment. I'll just make do by continuing to buy
bigstar[1].gif

Vicious49

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips but it doesn't want to work for me no matter what I try. Guess i saved $500 today.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Promo code worked for me without JCrew card. Although I only went as far as actually clicking "buy".

irishcafe

Reaction score

That JCrew LWB is decent deal even without a card right? Still saving around 10% to the normal price?

that's what I think and I hope they keep the price the same when they restock, because I don't have shoe money left atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads