• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score
All I can do is continue having fun with learning instagram (yes, I'm the last person in the world to sign up) and enjoy the shoes I do have rather than focusing on what else I want.

You'd be wrong there. I don't have instagram, twitter, snapchat or whatever the latest app is now.
With a few click of the mouse and keyboard.......you can too

Not if I'm planning on moving this year and will have to get approved for a home loan again. Don't want to be opening new credit cards at the moment.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
That JCrew LWB is decent deal even without a card right? Still saving around 10% to the normal price?

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not if I'm planning on moving this year and will have to get approved for a home loan again. Don't want to be opening new credit cards at the moment.
Understood........you definitely would be ill advised to impact your credit score to save 20% on a pair of shoes, but you might want to check into the details of how your score is calculated, it may be different than you think.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
I've got the discount applied all the way to the part where I'm about to click "Place Order" even though I'm using my regular Visa....

docalden2013

Reaction score
Understood........you definitely would be ill advised to impact your credit score to save 20% on a pair of shoes, but you might want to check into the details of how your score is calculated, it may be different than you think.
Just open one in your kid's name already.
teacha.gif

Dillardiv

Reaction score

I've got the discount applied all the way to the part where I'm about to click "Place Order" even though I'm using my regular Visa....

Update: It let me purchase the shoes with my regular visa with the discount. Just got a confirmation email. These might be going back as I just bought some brown shell wingtips from AE not long ago, but the price made me get these on impulse. If I decide to pass on them, I would be happy to pass them along at the same price I paid to any fellow 10.5ers that missed it or couldn't buy at a discount.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ worked for me, just have to jiggle it a little.

but doesn't work on the Captoe Boots, which is the one I want, specifically says excluded.

TommyB

Reaction score
Update: It let me purchase the shoes with my regular visa with the discount. Just got a confirmation email. These might be going back as I just bought some brown shell wingtips from AE not long ago, but the price made me get these on impulse. If I decide to pass on them, I would be happy to pass them along at the same price I paid to any fellow 10.5ers that missed it or couldn't buy at a discount.

I can't believe I didn't try this. Now the size 9 is gone...

Vicious49

Reaction score
I've read so much conflicting info that it's best just to leave it alone. Like you said, not worth it to save $100 at the moment. There will be future sales I can partake in.

jpo

Reaction score
Yea, i applied for the card. I am not in the mortgage market so not worried about it.

However, I applied for the card and then during checkout it let me use my default debit card and did not force the new jcrew credit card to get the discount. Just thought I would let others know this, as I much prefer paying with my own card rather than their credit card.

spidey

Reaction score
Hi. Newbie here and first post. I've been browsing this thread for some time and really love some of the Alden shoes and boots I've seen here. I recently acquired a pair of used black Alden PTB style # 2817 in Plaza last size 8.5 B/D. Not having tried Alden before, I took a shot hoping this is somewhat true-to-size. Unfortunately, even with a soft insole I put inside, my heels are still sliding out. These shoes look to be slightly longer and wider than my other 8.5D shoes. For reference I measure 9D Brannock and fit nicely in AE 65 last (ex. Strand). Is the Alden Plaza last just longer and wider? Are all Alden shoes slightly longer than other brands in same size? What last should I be looking for? I really would love to get a LWB some day when funds become available. Thanks.

Well, I'll answer part of my question. Just found the link below regarding sizing. So as I suspected the 8.5D is more like 9D.

https://www.alden-of-carmel.com/fitting.htm

Vicious49

Reaction score
I just tried it and it keeps saying I can only use that code after a valid form of payment has been entered. Tried it with a Visa and MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads