• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentfarmer

Reaction score
I'm in love with the Brown CXL Alden Indy but I can only find it with the neocork soles. Does anyone know of a store that has them in stock with the commando soles? I know that LS has them as the Ultimate Indy, but they won't have them in again till the fall of 2014.

Thanks

hoser133

Reaction score

a little context for your work situation and style considerations would get you more useful replies. for me, I work in a very casual, albeit professional, environment and dress more towards the workwear end of things. therefore i would go with the indy. but they're both nice enough boots.

These would not be for work, just for going out. I'm leaning towards the wing tip boot but the shoe mart does not have them in my size.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys!

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is mental! Doesn't the heel pad say Alden for Brooks Brothers?

I have just sold an unlined BB LHS pair to fella who has yet to pay me (auction ended Sunday). Why do you bid on something and them slow pay someone. I'll never get it. The guy I sold them to asked me if I'd break in his shoes in the future. As in....he'd buy the shoes and I'd wear them to break them in and get patina. Suuuuuuper strange, right? I think The Queen has someone who breaks in her shoes for her....

I'm pretty sure there was no Alden branding whatsoever on them.

Your buyer sounds interesting. When I buy something on eBay, I pay immediately.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Man! Those FB plaza workboots are selling like hot cakes!!!!!

Tif, that is only because the absolutely ROCK!!! I love mine... They are my first Alden Boot... :)

Whiskey Wednesday... finally some nice almost-spring-like weather!

RTP, those are absolutely amazing shoes. I really love the color / design combination...

I can't believe it, I FORGOT to take a picture of my shoes today!!! :-( Got too busy at work too quickly...

-Mike

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100 YRS thanks for sharing the link to Harrison Limited. I thought i'd se all the sites carrying Aldens. Saw some models I hadnt seen before. Some tempting! I have been looking for a tan suede plain to blucher with a rubber sole and Harrison has had the closest model to that target shoe that I've seen

Anyone know of a Tan or snuff suede PTB on a Lug rubber sole or even a crepe sole would work. I like the crepe but do they track a bunch of debris into the house? I don;t want to be vacuuming everytime I wear the shoes :)

thanks anyone who my have a line on such a shoe as I have searched for months for a suede shoe on something other than flex.

thanks

DuckOB

aldenwear

Reaction score

Hello everyone. My new Alden x Epaulet Natural CXL longwings arrived today, and the craftsmanship looks a little off to me. Before I contact Epaulet, I'd like to get your opinion on the shoes.

The left shoe looks fine to me, but I immediately noticed that the brogue holes on the right shoe looked a little off-center, twisted to the side a little. (See photos.) The top view doesn't seem to look so bad.

One the one hand, I spent $500 on these shoes, so I'd like them to be made better. On the other hand, they are hand-crafted, and some people believe it's the little imperfections that make hand-crafting worthwhile.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the "I spent $500, so I'd like them to be made better" hand, but...am I too picky?

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Left Shoe

Right Shoe

Top View

That right shoe looks fucked up. I would return them

coinopcollector

Reaction score

Hello everyone. My new Alden x Epaulet Natural CXL longwings arrived today, and the craftsmanship looks a little off to me. Before I contact Epaulet, I'd like to get your opinion on the shoes.

The left shoe looks fine to me, but I immediately noticed that the brogue holes on the right shoe looked a little off-center, twisted to the side a little. (See photos.) The top view doesn't seem to look so bad.

One the one hand, I spent $500 on these shoes, so I'd like them to be made better. On the other hand, they are hand-crafted, and some people believe it's the little imperfections that make hand-crafting worthwhile.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the "I spent $500, so I'd like them to be made better" hand, but...am I too picky?

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Left Shoe

Right Shoe

Top View

I'd send them back. They are too far off and look like seconds to me.

Vicious49

Reaction score

I was told it should be $740 when I got on the list a couple of weeks ago.

Do they charge more for certain colors of shell? The #8 captoe boot was $670 when I picked it up last month from alden DC. The Ravello chukkas from Alden SF were $720 and the cigar boots are now $740. I'm trying to figure out why the discrepancy in pricing.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Do they charge more for certain colors of shell? The #8 captoe boot was $670 when I picked it up last month from alden DC. The Ravello chukkas from Alden SF were $720 and the cigar boots are now $740. I'm trying to figure out why the discrepancy in pricing.

Black and 8 are cheaper than the rare colors; Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar. $670 and $740 seem to be about right for the 2014 prices.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads