• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think Epaulet allows returns. However, I'd be happy exchanging them for another pair. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
Christopher
Dude, they will accept that. They accept returns from SF members. Also, even if they didn't, (1) that is defective, and (2) they are good people. Write them and nicely explain that you are an SF member, got those shoes, and want a return for a refund. Include a pic. You will be good.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, I actually think the wingtip boot is significantly more versatile than the Indy. But that might just be me.
Me too. I kind of like the Indy from a distance, but it doesn't go with my wardrobe and the Trubalance doesn't fit me too well. The wingtip will go with a wider range of options IMO.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, I actually think the wingtip boot is significantly more versatile than the Indy. But that might just be me.
AOC has a 9D irregular #8 wingtip commando boot for $585. 9.5 sold quickly the other day (maybe other sizes will show up, maybe not). "Only" about $100 off, but the issues are usually minor and you can get details before the purchase.

Meant to copy @hoser133

Last edited:

CJBianco

Reaction score

Dude, they will accept that.  They accept returns from SF members.  Also, even if they didn't, (1) that is defective, and (2) they are good people.  Write them and nicely explain that you are an SF member, got those shoes, and want a return for a refund.  Include a pic.  You will be good.

That sounds great! I'll give it a try. Hopefully, they'll have another 10D in stock for an easy exchange. (Fingers cross'd.)

And thank you, everyone, for all of your opinions. I appreciate them. =)

My Best,
Christopher

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They accept the returns only if made in like 10 or 14 days - can't remember. Point is, don't hesitate too long. Good luck.

Last edited:

ErikW

Reaction score
Just received a bonus at work! I'm torn between the #8 Indy boot or the 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot from the shoe mart. What do you guys think?
#8 shell cordovan wing tip boot from TSM for sure. I have already put a "reservation" in for a pair myself a few weeks back.

In other news, looks like I have a pair of Frans Boone "Indy's" en route.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Man! Those FB plaza workboots are selling like hot cakes!!!!!

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have worn the Cigar PTB's a few times in the last few weeks. Here is one from earlier today.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All things being equal, Brooks Brothers shoes tend to be dressier and sleeker lasted than their close Alden branded equivalents. They rarely are 30% off anymore.

There was a case a couple of years ago where an eBay buyer successfully claimed with eBay that Brooks Brothers Alden shoes weren't true "Aldens" and therefore got a refund for the shoes after sending them back. Most BB models aren't "rare" so don't see them getting huge resale value on eBay (beyond normal cordovan resale value)

If memory serves correctly, that gentlemen who questioned the genuine Alden-origins of the BB shoe eventually kept the shoe. :censored:

I think you're talking about my eBay experience selling Aldens for BB. I'll try to dig up the post describing it (EDIT: this was my first post about it), but essentially:

1. Buyer bid on a pair of dark brown calf Alden for BB PTBs.
  2. He makes a formal eBay complaint, claiming the shoes are not made by Alden.
  3. I offer a series of evidence from the Alden factory, the BB website, and even a YouTube video of Kathy from Alden DC talking about Alden's relationship with BB (where she mentions that they are the only retailer allowed to not have "Alden" appear on the shoes).
  4. eBay rules in buyer's favor and tells buyer to ship the shoes back to me, at which point I would have to refund the money.
  5. Buyer never shipped the shoes.

Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, I don't think Epaulet allows returns. However, I'd be happy exchanging them for another pair. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
Christopher

PM member/affiliate vendor Epaulet and they will likely accommodate you.

Last edited:

tampatravel

Reaction score

I think you're talking about my eBay experience selling Aldens for BB. I'll try to dig up the post describing it, but essentially:

1. Buyer bid on a pair of dark brown calf Alden for BB PTBs.
  2. He makes a formal eBay complaint, claiming the shoes are not made by Alden.
  3. I offer a series of evidence from the Alden factory, the BB website, and even a YouTube video of Kathy from Alden DC talking about Alden's relationship with BB (where she mentions that they are the only retailer allowed to not have "Alden" appear on the shoes).
  4. eBay rules in buyer's favor and tells buyer to ship the shoes back to me, at which point I would have to refund the money.
  5. Buyer never shipped the shoes.

That is mental! Doesn't the heel pad say Alden for Brooks Brothers?

I have just sold an unlined BB LHS pair to fella who has yet to pay me (auction ended Sunday). Why do you bid on something and them slow pay someone. I'll never get it. The guy I sold them to asked me if I'd break in his shoes in the future. As in....he'd buy the shoes and I'd wear them to break them in and get patina. Suuuuuuper strange, right? I think The Queen has someone who breaks in her shoes for her....

100 yrs

Reaction score

Just received a bonus at work! I'm torn between the #8 Indy boot or the 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot from the shoe mart. What do you guys think?

a little context for your work situation and style considerations would get you more useful replies. for me, I work in a very casual, albeit professional, environment and dress more towards the workwear end of things. therefore i would go with the indy. but they're both nice enough boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads