• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Captoe boot, color King, Plaza Last

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The Workhorse"
Worn at least once a week

Last edited:

GooseG

Reaction score

I agree with aldenwear and DV on this one. If I were to do it all over again the 975 (#8 shell LWB) would be my first pair of Aldens (and should be your 3rd :D )

I'd throw the 403 Indy into the mix. I just can't NOT wear it on most occasions.

It's my go-to casual date boot as well, so it tends to be a bit lucky :satisfied:

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The Workhorse"
Worn at least once a week

I always liked the BB wingtip. Do you also own the 975 (LWB-8), and find any redundancy? I'm considering getting a pair of the BB wingtip but can't seem to justify two pairs of shoes separated really only by the length of the wing (and a few other minor differentiators)

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always liked the BB wingtip. Do you also own the 975 (LWB-8), and find any redundancy? I'm considering getting a pair of the BB wingtip but can't seem to justify two pairs of shoes separated really only by the length of the wing (and a few other minor differentiators)
I would say the difference between Balmoral and Blucher makes a big difference too.

thams

Reaction score
PSA - for anyone interested, there are still some Ravello LWB's left at Alden DC. I know for a fact that they have a size 9 (width ?) left. She's submitting another run, but as usual no one knows when Alden will be able to fill it. Also, she said she has some whiskey plain toe bluchers in limited stock.

Regarding shell shortage: Kathy said that she doesn't believe there's any more of a shell shortage than before. Her orders are still being met with the same frequency as the past. She thinks it's because the demand is so much greater now because of the internet. The shoes just fly off the shelves faster.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked these up in black not too long ago, and I have a pair of 975s. There is absolutely no redundancy between these two models save for the word "wing" The BB "snap" last is much sleeker(fits me like a glove unlike the Barrie particularly the heel) and the balmorals are much more formal/dress oriented whereas the Barrie last and the Blucher tend to lend more towards the casual side of things (still can be worn with a suit based on preference). both very nice but have a completely different feel regardless of color, and if they had my size I would probably grab a pair in 8 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads