• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironminded

Reaction score
Quick question on sizing [because I can't seem to find a place that stocks E widths to actually try on]; how does a 9.5E in Barrie compare to a 10D?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding to the Ravello day - NST on Aberdeen

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question on sizing [because I can't seem to find a place that stocks E widths to actually try on]; how does a 9.5E in Barrie compare to a 10D?

I use to wear Barrie 10D and now have moved exclusively to 9.5E. As you would expect, the shoe fits a bit shorter and wider. For me it is more comfortable and ends up looking better. If you measure 10E on a Brannock, 9.5E in Barrie is a good choice. The size is readily available at many Alden retailers (Madison Ave, DC, SF, Shoe Mart, Leffot, Citi Shoes, etc).

amftx

Reaction score
Has anyone kopped the chromexcel PTB from Epaulet or Need Supply? If so, any pics or thoughts to share?

sashae

Reaction score
Bootmaker Alpine/Color #8 saddle shoes on a rainy NYC Thursday:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use to wear Barrie 10D and now have moved exclusively to 9.5E. As you would expect, the shoe fits a bit shorter and wider. For me it is more comfortable and ends up looking better. If you measure 10E on a Brannock, 9.5E in Barrie is a good choice. The size is readily available at many Alden retailers (Madison Ave, DC, SF, Shoe Mart, Leffot, Citi Shoes, etc).

Different number size but my experience on fitting has been exactly the same. The E width is just a better fit and creates a better feel. I am an 8E in the Barrie and the 8.5D is too narrow. I need to go up to a 9D and that is just a poor overall fit--way too long.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello nst boot
argyles otc
uncle, great looking boots.
A ravello sort of day Uncle. Need to learn to use the camera in my Iphone better.
nice looking ravello sir.
Adding to the Ravello day - NST on Aberdeen
nice looking combo donl.
Bootmaker Alpine/Color #8 saddle shoes on a rainy NYC Thursday:
had not seen pictures of these in action before. great looking saddles, thanks for posting.

haiglarsen

Reaction score
Has anyone kopped the chromexcel PTB from Epaulet or Need Supply? If so, any pics or thoughts to share?

I picked up a pair. They fit me pretty huge for Barrie last. I don't know if it's because Chromexcel is so stretchy, or the oiled sole makes them feel less stiff, but I was surprised since everything else Barrie in that size fits me a touch tight out of the box. The outsole is also pretty big adding further to the length of the shoe. They are otherwise simple, nice shoes, well suited to summer wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads