1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

nephew,

thank you

2. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Amen to that BeSpiffington! I'm fortunate enough to own several pairs of Luchhese San Antonio versions. I've got Anteate, Full Quill Ostrich and 2 pairs of Elephant. Some of the best boots ever made! I also own multiple pairs of Lucchese Classics.

See Ya,
    Steve

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. mcarthur

nephew,
    thank you
    the nst is one of alden's best models

4. mcarthur

nephew,

thank you

5. totalair1

Only thing missing is credit card balance! :)

See Ya,
    Steve

6. totalair1

I'm a native Texan, born and raised in Dallas and there's no point in rooting for the Cowboys as long as Jerry Jones operates the team as he is. I will mention the Cowboys regardless of their record are one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world and to my knowledge the most valuable NFL team. Just goes to show you, winning games and making money are not always connected to each other!

See Ya,

Steve

7. mcarthur

you also need to see house mortgage and equity lines of credit. of course, more interesting is net worth

2 people like this.
  8. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Interesting charts. My only quibble is with assessing income as opposed to net worth. I make a decent salary, but as Howlin' Wolf sang,

"Now looka here, I did not say I was a millionaire

But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire

'Cause if I had've kept all my money that I'd already spent, I would've been a millionaire a looong time ago ..."

He (probably) wasn't buying Aldens, but this QFT.

edit: mcarthur you beat me to the punch

9. totalair1

I was just trying to keep it simple (and funny) since so many of us are impulse buyers when it comes to Alden's. I'm lucky enough to pay them off every month, but earlier this year I bought at least 12 pairs of shells in a 1 month period! If it was Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar and my size I bought it! In retrospect that was a good move...I could not find any of those shoes today!

See Ya,
    Steve

10. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I'd also think number of children is a huge factor.

1 person likes this.
  11. n-domino

n-domino Well-Known Member

Leffot Tankers
    RRL moleskin chinos

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I hear you! Was just kidding around as a NY fan of a certain rival NFC East team in no position to do any trash talking this season! A buddy actually moved out to Dallas and changed allegiances. Not sure why I still speak to that traitor.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I much prefer to think about my income than my net worth...

14. totalair1

I would also like to say thanks to all of the members on this forum. As you can see...my join date was April of this year. Due to information posted on this site, along with a lot of digging by me I've managed to put together a very nice collection of Alden shell shoes, and a few non shell too. I did not own 1 pair of Alden's before April of this year. Now I'm a junkie. I did not know the names of any of the contact people at the Alden stores, I did not know rare colors, or styles. The only thing I knew was I like the way they are built. I did not know about the Shoemart 2nds list, the Leather Soul Last Pair sale, the JCrew sale, the Brooks Brothers Corporate sale. All of this is due to this forums help. I just wanted to give a shout out:

Thanks you members of the Styleforum Official Alden thread! Those of you who helped me know who you are, my hats off to you!

See Ya,
    Steve

2 people like this.
  15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

+1 (shoes and boots)

16. totalair1

Hey budapest12...no problem! At least the Giants have some recent Super Bowl wins. Tony Romo can only beat himself!

See Ya,
    Steve

1 person likes this.
  17. totalair1

No Doubt income is a game changer rydenfan! I'm curious if the members of this forum with a large shoe collections have any type of special insurance coverage? Between my Alden Collection and my cowboy boot collection I've amassed a vast investment that is not replaceable. How does one go about trying to protect that investment insurance wise, specially when some items are worth way more than what you paid? In particular cowboy boots with ultra rare hides have gone up value wise 10 times more than what I paid for them, and still going up. They are somewhat like rare art that escalates over the years. Looking for ideas on how to protect that investment.

See Ya,
    Steve

18. totalair1

I agree...my Alden collection did not begin until my last kid graduated college!

See Ya,
    Steve

19. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Make sure you have enough personal property loss protection (or a separate rider), and inventory them. Pics never hurt either.

20. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Interesting that there's very little correlation between income and size of collection. While many have remarked about the relatively high concentration of income at the higher bracket, there's little evidence that these people own more shoes than other income tiers. I would have expected to see a positive correlation between income and collection, esp given the sample population of Alden fanatics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.