• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Color 8 plain toe boot with medallion toe, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)
2. Short wing tip in navy suede with snuff suede vamp. Plaza last. (Navy suede wing tip with snuff suede tongue and vamp.)

Like the sound of these, especially the medallion toe!

Today's #8 PTB's:

Last edited:

undeadkennedy

Reaction score
Today i have gotten new boot from Leather soul so i really like it and then i would like to buy jumper boot but it was sold out already

so i have some pic to review :D

then after i wear this boot i wanna town APC boot away i bought it in expensive price and then right now it is on sale so i promise i will never buy APC boot again

These are my current favorite boots. Ridiculously comfortable and I can't imagine footwear that would pair as nice with dark denim. Best casual boot I own. I have the Ultimate Jumpers on their way from LS right now, but I doubt they'll see as much wear as these do. You made a great choice
thumbs-up.gif

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes, the visible stitching.
its quite visible on the pair they sent me which I worry means its not very secure.

yeah, i've emailed epaulet twice and haven't received a response
edit: grammar

This is Alden we are talking about. Quality control and finishing are lacking in many parts of each shoe. It's not really Epaulet's fault that your pair has this issue

Wearing my Beales to tonight's SF giants game. :slayer:
uNZHV.jpg

Should be a good game, hopefully Zito continues to pitch well. Oh and nice shoes !

Last edited:

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC, Mike is in Europe for the week so there may be a delay in getting a response. He's normally pretty good at getting back.

closerlook

Reaction score

IIRC, Mike is in Europe for the week so there may be a delay in getting a response. He's normally pretty good at getting back.

good to know
thanks for the info

stevent, i haven't suggested its epaulet's fault that this pair is poorly constructed; they should however be willing to fix the situation.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Alden. I suspect they'll help you out. I stained my conservation boots and sent them back for refinishing. They fixed them up and sent them back at no charge to me, though I offered to pay. I received new laces too. No complaints there.

closerlook

Reaction score

Call Alden.  I suspect they'll help you out.  I stained my conservation boots and sent them back for refinishing.  They fixed them up and sent them back at no charge to me, though I offered to pay.  I received new laces too.  No complaints there.

cool
how long did the whole thing take btw?

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I'm making decision to buy Cap toe in Color 8 so

which one is the best and then why J crew lace is too big

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Kirkwood_Cordovan_Cap_Toe_Boot_in_Color_8_3527.html

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp

Finally if i wear indy boot in 8 D what size i have to buy 8 or 8.5
I prefer the J.Crew boot. Something about the punching just makes that boot pop. Go with an 8D on the Barrie last, I'd say. It doesn't look like the Kirkwood boot is instock in your size, though.

What do you mean by the J.Crew lace being too big?

Call Alden. I suspect they'll help you out. I stained my conservation boots and sent them back for refinishing. They fixed them up and sent them back at no charge to me, though I offered to pay. I received new laces too. No complaints there.
I'm sure they'll take care of it, but do you really want a brand new boot being recrafted? It seems like it's just going to limit the life of the boot. I think if you're not happy with the quality, you should ask for the boot to be replaced, or you should get a refund. Alden can always sell it through TSM as a factory second, I'd imagine.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool
how long did the whole thing take btw?

About three weeks. They called me before doing any work. Alden was very diligent in that regard. My compliments to the factory staff for their service.

I'm sure they'll take care of it, but do you really want a brand new boot being recrafted? It seems like it's just going to limit the life of the boot. I think if you're not happy with the quality, you should ask for the boot to be replaced, or you should get a refund. Alden can always sell it through TSM as a factory second, I'd imagine.

Normally, I would agree with you. But Alden is . . . Alden. I wouldn't be upset if I had to send a new boot back for recrafting. I would be upset if they didn't do anything to correct the problem. There's going to be problems with a hand finished shoe (hand sewn or machined by hand). Some of these will make it through quality control (i.e. Alden's error rate). They're still nice shoes.

chanakit

Reaction score
I prefer the J.Crew boot. Something about the punching just makes that boot pop. Go with an 8D on the Barrie last, I'd say. It doesn't look like the Kirkwood boot is instock in your size, though.

What do you mean by the J.Crew lace being too big?
I mean J crew's lace isn't wax lace ritgt it's difference from another color 8 shoe which alway have a wax lace

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Normally, I would agree with you. But Alden is . . . Alden. I wouldn't be upset if I had to send a new boot back for recrafting. I would be upset if they didn't do anything to correct the problem. There's going to be problems with a hand finished shoe (hand sewn or machined by hand). Some of these will make it through quality control (i.e. Alden's error rate). They're still nice shoes.
I love my Aldens, they're definitely nice shoes, but I'd be very annoyed to have a shoe that's already been resoled, having just gotten it. Just means I'll have it for less time. Now I can't really notice the original issue, and I don't think it's that bad, I'm basically just speaking in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics