• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I probably already know the answer to this, given all the discussion regarding rare shell scarcity, but here goes: does anyone know if one of the Alden shops have whiskey longwings in stock or available for preorder?

Thanks

Alden of Carmel also carries the whiskey LWB. Email Adam for sizes available. Or there's a pair of seconds listed on the Web site in 11D, if I recall correctly. Adam can tell you what makes them seconds, but whatever it is is likely to be very minor.

jpc9

Reaction score

alden nyc on madison has em. not sure about what sizes but they are there...

Depends on your size. I think Alden SF has a pair in 9.5D....maybe 10? I cant remember. I'd give them a ring.
Thanks guys. I'm 8.5D. I'll try madison ave first, as I'm in CA and would like to avoid paying sales tax (not to avoid paying my fair share per se, it's just that Jerry et al in Sac. tend to wildly misappropriate that 10%)

Edgein

Reaction score
Looking at all the beautiful make ups on the thread makes me sad I didn't pick up the shell PTB's at Tom Austin. But, someone else can enjoy them, I have plenty of shoes. Wow, the prices are getting scary. The phrase, "You get what you pay for", is very true when it comes to these great shoes at least.

AnOxymoron

Reaction score

Looking at all the beautiful make ups on the thread makes me sad I didn't pick up the shell PTB's at Tom Austin.  But, someone else can enjoy them, I have plenty of shoes.  Wow, the prices are getting scary.  The phrase, "You get what you pay for", is very true when it comes to these great shoes at least.

Man, I wish more people had this sentiment. Lookin at you shoe hoarders :plain:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I'm 8.5D. I'll try madison ave first, as I'm in CA and would like to avoid paying sales tax (not to avoid paying my fair share per se, it's just that Jerry et al in Sac. tend to wildly misappropriate that 10%)

The stock at NYC is pretty limited. I actually pre-paid a pair in my size... last year. I have a feeling that they will not get them until spring/summer next year. If no one has placed a deposit, and you really want the shoes, it might be worth forking over to hold your size.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My cigar Brixtons showed up today.

RL Lindrick and Brixton
cigbrixlin1.jpg

Brixton and Lindrick
cigbrixlin2.jpg

Missing punch. There's another one on the other shoe.
missingpunch.jpg

Cigar, ravello, natural cxl.
brixtons.jpg

The many shades of shell.
Ravello, ravello, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, 4, cigar, RL brown.
shadesofshell.jpg

violethour1951

Reaction score
My cigar Brixtons showed up today.
RL Lindrick and Brixton
cigbrixlin1.jpg

Brixton and Lindrick
cigbrixlin2.jpg

Missing punch. There's another one on the other shoe.
missingpunch.jpg

Cigar, ravello, natural cxl.
brixtons.jpg

The many shades of shell.
Ravello, ravello, whiskey, whiskey, whiskey, 4, cigar, RL brown.
shadesofshell.jpg

Beautiful...
worship.gif

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alden sf told me that the cigar indys were on true balance, but its not surprising if its on barrie since most of their shoes are barrie.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Renton

Reaction score
I just received an email from Yenni with J. Gilbert's Alden program for 2012

ON ORDER--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tan Wing Tip Boot, barrie last with commando sole $525 May delivery (just arrived)

Color 8 Cap toe boot, plaza last with commando sole $695 May delivery (just arrived)

Snuff suede Wing tip blucher, plaza last with single oiled flex sole $525 May delivery (just arrived)

Navy Suede blucher, plaza last with single oiled flex sole $495 May delivery (just arrived)

Color 8 Plain toe boot, plaza last with commando sole $695 Fall 2012 (just arrived)

Color 8 Plain Toe Boot

Snuff Suede Wing Tip boot, barrie last with commando sole $695 June Delivery

Shell Cordovan Saddle Shoe (Color 4/Black Saddle) $695 June Delivery

Black Shell Cordovan Medallion toe boot, plaza last with commando sole $695 August Delivery

Black Shell Medallion toe blucher, plaza last with single oiled flex sole $650 July Delivery

Color 8 Medallion toe blucher, plaza last with single oiled flex sole $650 July Delivery

Navy Suede Cap toe boot, plaza last with crepe sole $550 August Delivery

Color 8 Indy Boot, trubalance last with commando sole $695 August Delivery

Color 8 Plain toe blucher, barrie last with double waterloc sole $650

Color 8 Plain Toe

Color 8 Norwegian Front toe blucher, plaza last with single oiled flex sole $650

Styles I can still add sizes to order

Color 8 Medallion toe boot, plaza last with commando sole $695 (no picture- new style)

Cigar Indy boot, trubalance last with commando sole $725

Tan Wing Tip boot, barrie last with commando sole $525

Shell Cordovan Saddle Shoe (Color 4/ Black Saddle) $695 (no picture- new style)

New styles we just added! I can add your size to the orders below.

1-16 are new styles we recently submitted to the factory and waiting on confirmation that they will make it . Once Alden confirms it can take approximately 6-8 months for production.

1. Color 8 plain toe boot with medallion toe, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)
2. Short wing tip in navy suede with snuff suede vamp. Plaza last. (Navy suede wing tip with snuff suede tongue and vamp.)
3. Navy suede tassel moccasin. Aberdeen last.
4. 6 eyelet Norwegian front shoe, black shell cordovan, commando sole. Plaza last.
5. Navy suede chukka boot with crepe sole, Plaza last.
6. Tan suede wing tip boot, with flexible outsole and insole. 5 agatine eyelets, 4 hooks, Plaza last.
7. 990 with commando sole.
8. Cognac medallion toe shoe, plaza last with single oiled flex sole
9. Chamois Indy shoe, trubalance last with oiled leather sole
10.Chamois Indy boot with crepe sole, trubalance last
11.Brown suede 6 eyelet chukka boot, plaza last with commando sole
12. Color 8 Shell 6 eyelet chukka boot, barrie last with commando sole
13. Reverse Chamois Indy shoe (another re-order)
14. Reverse Chamois Indy boot (another re-order)
15. 990 with commando sole
16. NFT blucher, plaza last with commando sole (scotch grain tan color leather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads