• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

JTMD

Reaction score
Heck yeah my-man, ask away. Definitely not tape but I do use rubber bands between wears on my tassels just to keep them tighter. Strange how this expensive rabbit hole I’ve found myself in has changed me. While this may seem like overkill once those tassels start flaring, you cannot get them back and to me, it simply takes away from the polished look. Purely personal preference.

Thank you for the response. It's midnight here but tomorrow I'll have to pull out all my Tassels and have a look...don't think I've ever given it a second thought until seeing your photo..you picked that up from others here?

CLH03

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. It's midnight here but tomorrow I'll have to pull out all my Tassels and have a look...don't think I've ever given it a second thought until seeing your photo..you picked that up from others here?
They come with rubber bands, helps the tassels not to splay out too much

JTMD

Reaction score
[
They come with rubber bands, helps the tassels not to splay out too much

I don't recall any of mine having rubber bands on them out of the box..but it's been over a decade since I've bought any tassel loafers and perhaps my middle age memory is failing me. 😅

Markintosh

Reaction score
WFH today and feel like it’s a shoe pic kind of day. I like brass hardware, just not my style so I sent my DW TB Ravello plain toes off to Aram for a conversion. I think these will get considerable rotation action so I also had him add toe taps. Dude is a magician and CS is second to none. Family shots include C4 wings for comparison as well as my Ravello Caps that I still say are the best shad of Ravello I’ve ever handled. Loafer/Tassels are lighter ravello……

View attachment 2202213

View attachment 2202215
View attachment 2202217
View attachment 2202219
View attachment 2202223
View attachment 2202221
For me, hearing about your nuttiness about the tassels - makes me feel better - there are other people out there like me - I'm not alone!!!!! LOL. I so get it!!!!

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, hearing about your nuttiness about the tassels - makes me feel better - there are other people out there like me - I'm not alone!!!!! LOL. I so get it!!!!
I do it too. A little piece of Velcro wrapped around them in the box keeps em looking good!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[

I don't recall any of mine having rubber bands on them out of the box..but it's been over a decade since I've bought any tassel loafers and perhaps my middle age memory is failing me. 😅

I’ve never gotten rubber bands on new tassels though I do think Alden places the bands on tassels after a recraft.

JTMD

Reaction score
I know, you keep saying it and then Alden produces something amazing to pull you back in. Strange coincidence but we seem to have very similar tastes with our new additions. Those TB’s on crepe are incredible and assuming the chukka’s are whiskey, I have the same pair in flight. Should be it for me. Famous last words…….

It must be ankle boot whiskey season...I too just bought a pair in Whiskey.. but mine are George Boots on the Plaza last. I had to have them shipped to family in the US and then onwards but they are on their way and of course I'll be posting photos when they arrive..😅

Seller's photo..but I'm sure you get the point.. 😁

Screenshot_20240609_225836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird! Every pair of tassels I’ve gotten in the past 3 or so years have had bands on them

Upon further review, I think the ravello’s may be the only pair of tassels I’ve purchased new and while I don’t think they came with the bands, your response has me questioning that. I know I’ve gotten them on tassels I’ve sent in for work.
It must be ankle boot whiskey season...I too just bought a pair in Whiskey.. but mine are George Boots on the Plaza last. I had to have them shipped to family in the US and then onwards but they are on their way and of course I'll be posting photos when they arrive..😅

Seller's photo..but I'm sure you get the point.. 😁

View attachment 2202267

Adam at AoC did this exact make years ago and sadly (for me) it is one of the many makes I sold that I wish I held on to. Back then, I wasn’t a fan of plaza but now I love it. It is a fantastic make and to get it in whiskey takes them to another level. Looking forward to the pic’s. Congrats!

Related, as I look back at one of your recent posts, your 8 tassels are very tight but your black display a little of what I try to avoid with the bands. But even those look great so you’re doing something right. If it ain’t broke………

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

builder

Reaction score
Is there a listing of all Indy makeups on the Trubalance last currently in stock? I realize this is probably a crazy request but I’m in the market for a pair of Indy boots and rather than go the typical 405 I would like to see what else is out there in 11.5C. A list of shops that stock makeups (Leffot, Leathersoul, etc) would also be super helpful and I can just search manually.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a listing of all Indy makeups on the Trubalance last currently in stock? I realize this is probably a crazy request but I’m in the market for a pair of Indy boots and rather than go the typical 405 I would like to see what else is out there in 11.5C. A list of shops that stock makeups (Leffot, Leathersoul, etc) would also be super helpful and I can just search manually.
Check the second post in this thread for a link to a list of retailers.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolev