• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bartlett Hunting green Indy from Unionmade
c86774f6818b736bdae87cf8f1f960fd.jpg

f4e1ad695d238b851d7908ef51e1e88f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really love these Don

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some sizing advice please..

I wear 9D on the Alden barrie last shell boots. I even take the same size on the JCrew PCT cordovan boots when some people size up for this pair.

Now i have a new pair of CXL captoe boots on the plaza last in the size 9.5D and these fit good just like the JCrew PCTs. However this being CXL. I am guessing these boots would stretch a little with wear.

I will be placing a preorder for the plain toe color 8 boots from B&M and am conflicted on what size to order. Do I go with the 9.5D or the 9E on the plaza last?

The barrie 9D is perfect for me lengthwise if that helps.

Thank you..

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wear 9D on the Alden barrie last shell boots. I even take the same size on the JCrew PCT cordovan boots when some people size up for this pair. 

Now i have a new pair of CXL captoe boots on the plaza last in the size 9.5D and these fit good just like the JCrew PCTs. However this being CXL. I am guessing these boots would stretch a little with wear. 

I will be placing a preorder for the plain toe color 8 boots from B&M and am conflicted on what size to order. Do I go with the 9.5D or the 9E on the plaza last?

Thank you.. 

I have quite a few boots on Barrie and on Plaza. A 7.5D in the Barrie fits me great and when I've sized up to the 8.0D in the Plaza, that fits great as well. My suggestion to you would be the 9.5D for the Plaza.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Gunboats for the upcoming Season.

I know, the socks aren't the best color but wanted a thick heavy cotton rib for today's first wear.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ocho on Plaza.

Last edited:

jjschube

Reaction score

Thank you..

Just a word of caution. I am a 10.5 and between a D and and E on the brannock and the 10.5D plaza doesn't fit me well. If you have a wide foot too, I would error on the side of caution.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks! I don't own a pair of Alden but I own about 40 pair of Allen Edmonds. How does the quality compare? Where do you recommend buying Alden shoes online?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Howdy Folks!  I don't own a pair of Alden but I own about 40 pair of Allen Edmonds.  How does the quality compare?  Where do you recommend buying Alden shoes online?

Alden is definitely a step up in quality from AE. If you're a standard width, JCrew has an excellent return policy. Otherwise, I recommend getting fitted in person because each last fits differently.

The shoe mart is a great retailer. So is Alden of Carmel. There are many others.

Good luck!

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I would say the step up in quality, style, and construction from Florsheim to AE, is similar to that from AE to Alden. I'd rather have one pair of Alden than three pair of AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads