• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiandi

Reaction score

In my experience, ravello is prone to these kind of black "stains" over time. I had a pair of ravello PTBs and a pair of ravello tassels that ended up looking exactly like this after heavy wear. The shoes seem to darken a bit in the creases. I would just wear them to see if they even out. The staining doesn't look bad to me in the photo you posted (the shoes still look very good IMO).

The darkness should fadevas the liquid is absorbed by the Shell.
Looking stellar in your Ravello NST Boots, right Tifosi?
Ha, way to represent! Looking great today.

-Mike

The left shoe looks amazing. Give the right shoe the same treatment and keep wearing them. Stop worrying. :slayer:

Thanks For the advice!:) happens that the liquids really been absorbed by the shell, now some more brushing and they will ne back in my feet
1f601.png

Reaction score
Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday. Maiden voyage for these brand new LWBs from TSM. Fantastic shade. Love the 2016 whiskey run. Definitely less orange than the 2014/2015 runs.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JSO, I really like your collection. Good mix of rare styles.

I've owned most models across the years, but I've never had a whiskey LWB. Maybe that will change one day.

I'm wearing Marlows today, so no Whiskey Wednesday for me

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JSO, I really like your collection. Good mix of rare styles.

I've owned most models across the years, but I've never had a whiskey LWB. Maybe that will change one day.

I'm wearing Marlows today, so no Whiskey Wednesday for me

Thanks! Yeah, I have gotten lucky to get a bunch of rare makeups while also trying to keep a few classics in the rotation. The LWB is probably the easiest whiskey makeup to get, so that works in your favor on that one!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday. Maiden voyage for these brand new LWBs from TSM. Fantastic shade. Love the 2016 whiskey run. Definitely less orange than the 2014/2015 runs.

wow, stellar. That's the perfect shade of whiskey. What a score!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Generally I don't like whiskey because it comes out more orangish than this, but this is the perfect shade..

ErikW

Reaction score

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, stellar. That's the perfect shade of whiskey. What a score!

Generally I don't like whiskey because it comes out more orangish than this, but this is the perfect shade..

Those are perfect. Hopefully this means that the Whiskey PTBs I am waiting on are coming soon.

Thanks, gents! They're breaking in nicely, although the double leather sole makes it a much harder break-in than other pairs. Soon enough they will be like butter. They're also resistant to spotting - already got a droplet of water from the sink on them, and they absorbed it without a mark or welt. Very nice shell on these. A solid run!

tb43

Reaction score
What do you do when your wife discovers how much bnib whiskey lwbs can sell for? Any suggestions besides hiding them and bringing them out to wear in 5 years?
1f914.png
I really messed this one up...lol

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you do when your wife discovers how much bnib whiskey lwbs can sell for? Any suggestions besides hiding them and bringing them out to wear in 5 years?
1f914.png
I really messed this one up...lol

Wear them and say their value dropped 60%... "works like MINT baseball cards or coins... so odd"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads