1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

cigar x anatomica

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  2. Resistant

Resistant Well-Known Member

Alden MTO shell Indy additional specs on this motorcycle boot

Black shell
    Hooks
    Hand stitched vamp
    preferred last is trubalance
    Double leather or waterlock
    No detail side stitching or stitch
    360 welt or 270
    agetine eyelets. or none

Proposed specs fitting the 405 Indy, but minor aspects have not been detailed yet.
    The idea is to make an offer to the forum, as spots have been filled, it is first come first serve.
    Additionally, to offer the width selection missing in other Alden GMTO, because many on here have trouble getting wide or narrow boots. So this is their chance.

3. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Looking great. What a lovely patina.

What a boot!

Your photos always make me want a pair of whatever you are wearing.

Amazing! Just as Alden intended.

Such a great boot! Black shell is ludicrously underrated, congrats.

I have a spreadsheet. It has several tabs, one of which is a calendar. I input what pair I wear that day, and it auto-populates the total # of wears for that pair on the main tab, which has a list of all the shoes I have, along with basic style info (i.e., maker, color, leather type, sole edge, sole type, size, last, etc.). It also automatically colors the total # of wears for pairs that are worn infrequently, which is how I decide what to sell.

A fantastic boot. I'm sad that I sold my Cigar plain toe boots.

Sounds like an excellent makeup. I'd suggest double waterlock, the Indy side stitch, a 270 welt, 5 agatine eyelets + 4 hooks. Alden's new flat laces are too big for their blind eyelets, it's a pain in the ass.

1 person likes this.
  4. Resistant

Agreed, I think that will be the fitting specs. If the welt becomes 360 it will resemble an Indy once available from a retailer in Hawaii LS. I would like that too, minus the side stitch.

5. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Are these reverse chamois? Who did this makeup? they look fantastic. Love the color and the welt on this makeup.

6. MarcoDHC

MarcoDHC Active Member

Thanks! I was a bit nervous buying the boots because I'd never owned black shell, but I absolutely love them.

7. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Ravello, Ravello where art thou? I long for thee Ravello. Will thou be spotted this year in the WT boot I ordered over 2 years ago and paid for? Will thee show up in any make ups this year? That is the question I yearn to be answered.

Steve

Happy Friday!

8. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

I expect we will see some Ravello orders confirmed and going into production by the end of the year.

9. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Ever find yourself pumping gas with nothing else to do while you wait? Well, that is a perfect time to take a picture of your shoes in the morning sun while you pretend you are checking email.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I've expected that all this year. At some point yet to be determined I'm sure Ravello will surface. Until then...where art thou Ravello?

Steve

11. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

If anyone knows where I can get on a list for ravello or whiskey LHS (esp. if I can pick a narrow width) I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks - thought I'd give a shout while this topic came up.

12. Resistant

Reddit MTO threads have lots of shell orders. Just not typically Aldens.

Sweet Ravello LWB paid in full I sometimes forget about you.
    Six months to go for this to be the year. I'd rather wait it out than fail and get reversed charges

13. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

Thanks, and yes Reverse chamois is really nice leather for casual wearing...

Thanks, yeah there is no need to worry abt cleaning these up after rain/storm etc.
    yes tobacco reverse chamois, it was done by Need supply and was on sale couple of weeks back. But these are all sold out for now.

14. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Hrmmm... Brogue has a pre-order for Color #8 V-Tips on the Barrie with antique *reverse* welt with commando soles. One of the most completely-different-than-everyone-else styles I've seen in color #8. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but hesitant about the reverse welt... that said, I would love to get a v-tip, especially on an antique welt.

1 person likes this.
  15. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

what about the reverse welt gives you pause?

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I agree. In my mind: shell + blucher + commando + contrast welt = casual. Reverse welt is most appropriate here. I'll never understand the compulsion to mismatch formality elements on dress shoes.

17. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Can you give a link on this makeup? I have a terrible time trying to figure out the AofC, Brogue website. I would love to consider it.

18. larryr

larryr Well-Known Member

This is probably it, at the bottom -
    http://www.brogueshop.com/store/c25/Alden.html

19. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

20. marvaments

marvaments Well-Known Member

Thanks man for the kind words. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.