• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely. I haven't ventured into the Alden loafer world yet but your shoes have piqued my interest.
What last are these built on?

Those are on Grant and are a special makeup for Alden of Madison Ave in NY.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
More versitile shoe- hurting green suede PTB or unlined chukka?

Looking to wear in both a casual office setting with chinos as wel as wear on the weekend with raw denim.

Thanks!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm much too picky and observant, but has anyone else noticed that the machine stitched Indys have change over the past 1-2 years - the length of the white contrast stitch (each individual stitch) has gotten much smaller, making the stitch look tighter.

If you take a look at a new pair of 405/403 vs. a pair from 3-4 years ago, the difference is quite evident.

Nerd time has now ended. Thank you.

fal32

Reaction score

Looking to wear in both a casual office setting with chinos as wel as wear on the weekend with raw denim.

Thanks!

Unlined chukka

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more question by the way: I'm having problems with dark/black stains or discoloration in the crasing area of my ravello LWB's lately. But only on the right shoe. Is there any way to remove this with reno and my shoebone, but it didnt work out completely.
looks like it could be wax or paste build up. i no longer use reno products because they dry my shell too much. i would wipe with a wet rag and brush. i have not been able to completely eliminate those marks in the past, but you can make it a lot better.
ptb

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Whiskey LHS again.

tb43

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hoping to pick up a pair of Aberdeen suede tassels. 8.5 Barrie fits well. Will a 9 work?

Thanks

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hoping to pick up a pair of Aberdeen suede tassels. 8.5 Barrie fits well. Will a 9 work?

Thanks
From everything I hear, the answer would be "Yes." But others on the forum have far more experience and should weigh in.

schmallo15

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Thanks

Typically yes but I found Aberdeen to be tricky for my foot. I am an 8.5D Barrie but couldn't fit a 9D Aberdeen. It narrowed too quickly at the toe for me. As always, if you're in a position to try them on then that's your best bet. Good luck!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Whiskey wingtip bluchers x Harrison Ltd today.

Looking very good in your Aberdeen Shortwings. A cool makeup. Enjoy Whiskey Wednesday!

TSM Whiskey LWB
09ea9c0a8ce8af9a16ff95b39db8dd37.jpg

1d4bb8fe72dbb29ed5e1c78ad891c9a5.jpg

b6be10b4daec24a956b96bd1637b2094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great as always Don! Your slacks are pretty rad, but the socks are a little disappointing for you! ;-) Enjoy Whiskey Wednesday!

Nice Color, Don! These shoes are the nicest ones i've ever had!

They are the nicest for a good reason, they look superb!

One more question by the way: I'm having problems with dark/black stains or discoloration in the crasing area of my ravello LWB's lately. But only on the right shoe. Is there any way to remove this with reno and my shoebone, but it didnt work out completely.

I personally avoid product except for occasional use. I think a good brushing with a little moisture is all it takes (and patience). If you do this between several wearings, I think it will be mainly gone.

Lovely. I haven't ventured into the Alden loafer world yet but your shoes have piqued my interest.
What last are these built on?

Thanks, as @JSO1 said, they are on the Grant Last. Madison does these sparingly in Cigar, but does stock them regularly in Black Shell and Color 8. I believe that they also do this same makeup minus the toe stitch in a semi-Indy style.

love the nst loafers mayor, cool pants as well.

Thanks Bud!

Those are on Grant and are a special makeup for Alden of Madison Ave in NY.

That is correct-a-mundo! Although, I will add that it historically has been done by a number of shops, but that is going back to the Golden Days.

Looking stellar D in your Bricked Snuffs!

Whiskey LHS again.

Hot diggity dog Zippy, those are just a spectacular Whiskey LHS. Those look absolutely amazing. Enjoy Whiskey Wednesday!

Hey guys,

Thanks

With zero other information, I would say that 9 would be my starting place for logical sizing.

Pre-maiden voyage lol

Your new 2210's are looking absolutely stunning. I hope that you get many years of good use out of them!

-Mike

ahonobaka

Reaction score
^Thanks guys! My sock game is non-existant; they're basic tan/creme socks from Uniqlo...I'll need to do better now that I'm no longer wearing boots exclusively!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads