1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Look goes on...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr Knightley, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Well-Known Member

If it's who I think it is please raise one for me too mate.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Thanks boss, an O'Connell's Harris Tweed jacket. Coupled with the unlined ocbd and flannel trews, it was like wearing pajamas-- so I figured it was time for some post-Christmas concert bevvies. Though I don't know if Mick would have approved of margaritas, I made the wife and me a couple, and hoisted one in the man's name. He was always cool to my wife and her friends when he spent time in Boston. She took this shot after I finished up squeezing the limes and oranges, and floating a little mezcál on the finished maggies.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. covskin

covskin Well-Known Member

Haha, they always seemed to attract trouble up here. I have a couple of newspaper clippings somewhere...

5. Botolph

The BUSiNESS?

6. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

I bounce back and forth between both threads to the point that often I'm not even sure which thread I'm posting in. I often say context is everything - I don't really share any horror of being recognized as Mod even if some of my choices are obviously and not subtly in that camp cos living in America nobody really knows. I might get given compliments for being well dressed sometimes (it's not hard in a world where you're considered dressed up if you're wearing long strides!) but usually that has nowt to do with anyone recognizing the sixties influence.

2 people like this.
  7. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Well-Known Member

Hahaha - have you been on a package holiday in Europe? Guaranteed to see a whole family of cartoon geordies wearing gravy stained Newcastle tops every day of the fortnight.

"Boot wuh geordies man, ya joost divvent undastand!"

8. Botolph

"Aah... Bisto!!!!"

9. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Well-Known Member

The Heschung Crocus that I ordered on Black Friday arrived today....really beautiful,I have been looking for a pair of brown Plain Derby's for over 2 years and these were worth the wait,the fact that I got 20% off the full price is icing on the cake.

2 people like this.
  10. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Well-Known Member

I wore my blue mohair suit with a striped b/d Gant shirt (inc. cufflinks), black belt, black brogues, burgundy socks, and burgundy pocket hanky, to the postgrad party at uni the day before yesterday. No tie. Got told I looked 'dapper'.

1 person likes this.
  11. covskin

Of course, happy days. Band not named but it was them. For 'local youths' read casuals

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. covskin

...and again! Just look at that bastard in the photo lol

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Fruitbat

Fruitbat Well-Known Member

Nothing new about that headline. Skins and PC have never been bedfellows[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. cerneabbas

I went into the Fred Perry shop today and there were a few Made in England Harringtons,I was impressed with quality of the material and I like the way that the lining doesnt come up to the zip so you dont see the Tartan.
    Sadly I have a few Navy Harringtons and one Black one,the only other colour is Olive,hopefuly FP will bring out some other colours as I would get one of them.
    I still prefer the Orvis one and then probably the Baracuta,but I have 2 really cheap ones that get worn most.

15. cerneabbas

We have talked about grooming before but what about Fragrancies ?
    Brut was part of 'the Look' back in the day although maybe it had to be part of 'the Smell' ? anyway it was part of the image,Aramis came after.
    My present day favourites are
    Bleu de chanel
    Dior Homme
    Dior Eau Sauvage ( an old favourite)
    Aramis ( another oldie that I am trying again)

Does anyone else have any favourites ?

16. Fruitbat

Fruitbat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Was knocking around Chancery Lane earlier- posh slippers on display at Churches..
    In terms of fragences, I'm torn between Brut and High Karate

2 people like this.
  17. cerneabbas

Brut 33 more like,splash it all over Enery...and it was Hai Karate !....a lad I knew from Scunthorpe used to say 'ee where's me Hay Karroty'...

18. Botolph

Yeah, got a few:
    for an aftershave splash I like D.R. Harris "Windsor" eau de toilet. Fresh and citrusy but also woodsy and goes well with-
    "Patrick". Everyday clean, soapy smell, I like Patrick eau de cologne from Ireland. Reminds me of a fresher Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. Lavender, lime, barbershop smells but fresh and clean.

Creed "Green Irish Tweed" for going out with the wife Or just out to the bar or other social occasions.

Diore "Sauvage"(that new one) for romantic evenings with the misses. She loves the way it smells on me. That and the Creed one last forever on me. One squirt in the morning and they're on me till bedtime.

1 person likes this.
  19. cerneabbas

Yes my better half bought me some of the Dior Sauvage its good,I prefer the after shave balms now.

Back in the day it was Wrights coal tar soap or Palmolive and Vosene for shampoo,it was only on nights out ( about 3 times a week then) that the Brut came out.......it all beats the funky smells on most people that you get close to today.

1 person likes this.
  20. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermès 'Bel ami' for special occasions, Eau de Cologne Roger Gallet 'Extra vieille' on a more regular basis.

1 person likes this.