• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welp. Futures down close to 2%.

Looks like another major sell off tomorrow.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“I don’t think China’s economic slowdown is that severe to threaten the global economy,” Bernanke said.

http://atimes.com/2016/01/bernanke-china-slowdown-doesnt-threaten-world-economy/

Reminiscent of "problems in the subprime market seems likely to be contained."

The wheels are starting to come off now hey?

There are three parts of the China story - domestic demand, domestic construction, export demand. The latter two are falling apart especially the export demand; nothing Chinese government can do. Fiscally, Chinese government is pumping money into state construction projects/investments to fill in the void left by decreased housing constructions aka empty cities.

Domestic demand, however, might not be falling apart, yet. One data point is Nike's greater China sales in their quarter ending November is up 28% Y/Y. Luxury demand is coming way down, but that's part of anti-corruption drive/money laundering scheme.

Oil price at sub $30 is going to hurt some countries, e.g., Canada, Saudis, and some companies, e.g., shale drilling LLCs. High yield market rout started early last year might be contagious.

Or it might be not. Buy the ******* dip and wait for the Yellen Call to step in.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the S&P500 Head and Shoulders pattern is taking over headlines. If that is the case around 1860-1870, we could see S&P to 1600. Gotta love the pattern traders.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm currently WTFD (watch the ******* dip.....and cringe).

The Saudis seem very content with their plan....and are saying 'This is the market price'.....yes this is the market price during a price war...

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“I don’t think China’s economic slowdown is that severe to threaten the global economy,” Bernanke said.

http://atimes.com/2016/01/bernanke-china-slowdown-doesnt-threaten-world-economy/

Reminiscent of "problems in the subprime market seems likely to be contained."

The wheels are starting to come off now hey?

Bernanke is a clown. My roommate stumped him when he came to providence to talk back in 2008/9 he gave some ridiculous answer. Can't remember the question though.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm starting a GoFundMe for all the devastating paper losses I've suffered to date.

All of you will donate, right?

...right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads