• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For now...not long ago Exxon bought XTO which was basically a bet on Natural gas. They're harvesting it for a very low price, but I believe XOM sees a future in natural gas, so I'm not quick to write it off.

+1

Want cheap energy, look here. Got so much natural gas they are just flaring wells now.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:fu:

Was gonna do a day trade on AAPL today, went to the b-room at 577 and came back to see it at 590. Lost the floor.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was following this Illumina story, its pretty interesting. I'd be curious to see if Roche increases their offer, I probably wouldn't.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I'm such a noob.

Would Illumina stock go up or down if Roche bought them out?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Since I'm such a noob.
Would Illumina stock go up or down if Roche bought them out?

It would go up near or above the offer price. Generally, if you are not in before the announcement you wont make **** on a trade. Although if you got in and the offer was raised, you'd stand to gain. Conversely if the deal broke down you'd be in trouble.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really writing off Natural Gas but with how much is available, it'll be a while before prices recover. Not yet time to go long

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not really writing off Natural Gas but with how much is available, it'll be a while before prices recover. Not yet time to go long

Are we the "Saudi Arabia" of Natural Gas?? I know we're the Saudi Arabia of wind.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It would go up near or above the offer price. Generally, if you are not in before the announcement you wont make **** on a trade. Although if you got in and the offer was raised, you'd stand to gain. Conversely if the deal broke down you'd be in trouble.

aahh!! Thanks dude.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple went back up today to $597.

All the way from my purchase price of $585.

Too bad the stock is so goddamn expensive to actually make a real score for regular people who can't buy millions worth of stock.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apple went back up today to $597.
All the way from my purchase price of $585.
Too bad the stock is so goddamn expensive to actually make a real score for regular people who can't buy millions worth of stock.

You could pray for a forward split at say 5:1.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are we the "Saudi Arabia" of Natural Gas?? I know we're the Saudi Arabia of wind.

Saudi Arabia is in works to build a whole front to back end solar plant. from polysilicon to modules. If you are able to guess the correct provider, you may be able to score on the stock.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the perception in the stock market game. AAPL is sitting at $600. 2 weeks ago this would been a "go go go go!" moment. Now, it's "man, why so low apple?"

Still high on AIG.
BAC earnings coming up, expect more of the same.
Market is jittery, don't know what tomorrow will bring.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love the perception in the stock market game.  AAPL is sitting at $600.  2 weeks ago this would been a "go go go go!" moment.  Now, it's "man, why so low apple?"

Still high on AIG.  

Prly down tomorrow. We are in a late 2011 cycle of churn. Using the up days to lighten up on the non performers. Sold off my PGH and GE this morning. Want to stay cash for a while.

AIG is going to be a rockstar. You watch.

The only thing that holds AAPL back is that share price. People openly complain about it. Gauranteed if that split that stock at 500 by 10:1, so $50, it would be a $100 stock today, no doubt. But at $500 its so much harder to get over that market psych.

Speaking of market psych... I get the feeling GOOG split because AAPL was overtaking it. It think they would have been percieved the looser... makes no sense but there it is...

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree on AIG. I bought in just yesterday, but I'm in it for the long haul. hopefully it works out.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the perception in the stock market game.  AAPL is sitting at $600.  2 weeks ago this would been a "go go go go!" moment.  Now, it's "man, why so low apple?"

Still high on AIG.  

To beat the street?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads