• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried once, no way on suits made by Tom Ford. Maybe their causal and leather jacket.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 38S or 40S in general. When I checked out the suit measurements, I saw that their Napoli cut size 40S has a trouser waist of 37". Is that correct?
I weight 165 lbs and with a waist of 32"/33".

That can't be right. It looks like they applied the drop (I'm guessing -7) to the chest measurement and not the size to get the trouser waist measurement.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
^^ It could be that they are taking actual natural measurements, not size measurements.

Eg; 37" actual waist could be like an advertised 34" waist.

I'm a 33"/32"/31" in trousers, but that isn't my actual waist size.

I'm a 36S in all suits I own, with the exception of a Lazio cut suit from Suit Supply, which I'm a 38S. So their sizing may be slightly different to other brands. Good excuse to take advantage of the cheap shipping/free returns and get multiples. I ordered a 36R and a 38S to be on the safe size. Glad I did, the 36R is smaller than any other 36S suits I own!

boost

Reaction score
I bought a Napoli plain in 38S and it had a 35" waitst on the pants. I had a tailor take off a tad over 3 inches off the waist

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird with the size chart. I typically wear a 32 pant and didn't need to touch the waist of either of my 38R Napoli's. However, I did take in the waist on the most recent jacket. I wonder if that chart is supposed to be showing the jacket waist measurement, not the pants.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the charts, they are really all over the place between regular/short/long. A 38 has the biggest waist in order of short-reg-long. But a 42 goes short-long-reg.

kevpotts

Reaction score
Washington D.C. store opens August 30, in case that hasn't been mentioned.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you wear a Tom Ford peak lapel suit?

Just checked out several images prior to answering this.

No, I wouldn't. Maybe I'm not not a peak lapel person. I would not wear it just to say I own something that's Tom Ford.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it is annoying that they don't release their entire fw collection at once ? I wrote customer service last week to enquire about flannel suit options and was told they would be added by the end of the week, but so far nothing....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads