• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Darwin alert
]

Gruntle

Reaction score
Back in the 90's there was this black British lady who rode the A/C. she would walk thru the cars saying "Change to spare" over and over again. she was well known, me and the boys named her the change to spare lady. She had hit rock bottom, clothes were in taters, speech slurred, and she was drunk half the time. One day after school I get on the C at Lafeyette going towards the Broadway junction.The train is packed.when I get to Nostrand she hops on and starts her little act walking through asking for change to spare. She must of had a bad week, cause on that day she smelled like the bottom of a dumpster. The whole second car cleared out to the 1st and 3rd. I run to the first and I'm standing by the sliding door between cars and everyone is yelling not to let her walk through. I' m laughing ****** off until we get to the Junction so I can run out. I have never seen so many NYers on a train react like that.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
trains have been awful for the past two mornings. Nothing like a chilly Monday morning met by swarms of people affected by dodgy trains to ruin your inevitably crappy morning.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today was an awful day on the subway. Train was late and there was this couple with three kids in this giant ******* spaceship of a stroller taking up basically half of the car. A million irritated people and these two idiots looking into space like that don't see the problem.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today was an awful day on the subway. Train was late and there was this couple with three kids in this giant ******* spaceship of a stroller taking up basically half of the car. A million irritated people and these two idiots looking into space like that don't see the problem.

That always drives me nuts.

Also drives me nuts when people have on huge backpacks on a crowded subway. Not only are they taking up the space of basically two people, but they are always slamming into people every time they turn around or the car jostles. Just take it off and put it on the ground between your legs, folks. Not that hard.

I swear, there needs to be like a license before people are allowed to ride the subway.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you read my first page of this thread? It is well documented.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, but it's annoying enough that it's worth bitching about again :D Also, happened to me this AM...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i had a good trip this moring.

people with giant strollers should make an effort to occupy either the front car or the rear car during rush hour at all times

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads