1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Strangely damaged shoe heel

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mack11211, Nov 9, 2004.

1. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

Dear Folks: Here is a pair of shoes that enticed me on ebay: OLIVERI / Imported Italian mens shoes / size 8 1/2 Â Bid is low, as they note, because one layer (?) of one heel is missing. Is this an expensive thing to repair? Â I live in NYC & would seek to have this done right, if I knew where. Thanks.

2. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Easy repair. Watch out for a shoe repair shop that says they only way to fix it is to replace the whole sole. Not so.

3. johnw86

johnw86 Well-Known Member

Almost any shoe repair shop can change heels. I've done it to several pairs (although not recently--so I can't tell you about cost, but it wasn't more than $20).