• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon a store in the UAE, The Style Chamber, that has a rather extensive selection (both men's and women's) from the current season.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Great job. Mud Coat and Def Jacket are fire.

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of things on yahoo.jp and a few japanese stockists, yes, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very strange how large that buy is given that the store seems to have almost no other menswear to speak of.

ffatt

Reaction score
Anybody know if SS did a long sleeve version of this exact print not Navy marble print. I am aware of that one.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-posting from sales thread; SS on sale @ southwillard. Suppose to start Thursday but you can order now through the usual trick with their sales.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ there's like one ss piece im interested in but i still love looking through sw stuff.

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An interview with the man. Can anyone who speaks dutch roughly translate any of it?

jacket

Reaction score
Does anyone know what would happen if I picked up an ijevan two sizes too large? Anyone with kids/girlfriends lying around want to do a fit pic for me...

I'm hoping it looks slouchy but i could also see it just look like a half-assed robe with weird shoulders halfway down my arms

BillKillgore

Reaction score

An interview with the man. Can anyone who speaks dutch roughly translate any of it?

I'm too lazy to translate everything, so I'll just sum it up.

In the beginning he talks about what makes a talented student, which is mainly a combination of passion and discipline. Afterwards he's being asked to compare the Royal University of Antwerp to the University of Arts Berlin, which basically boils down to Antwerp having more of a laissez-faire type of teaching while in Berlin they actually support the students until they've finished their bachelor/diploma. The final question is about why young/upcoming designers from Germany usually have a greater appeal to countries outside of Europe.
He explains that it's basically because most Europeans are focused on the luxury aspect of high fashion, which you can't really convey or create as a newcomer. According to Schneider countries like Japan have a different attitude towards fashion, as in they're more interested in design and craftsmanship rather than the price tag.

The last question is something about an upcoming runway show, which isn't really relevant I guess.

Last edited:

bluep

Reaction score
Does anyone know what would happen if I picked up an ijevan two sizes too large? Anyone with kids/girlfriends lying around want to do a fit pic for me...

I'm hoping it looks slouchy but i could also see it just look like a half-assed robe with weird shoulders halfway down my arms
It won't look good, the shoulders are too stiff and it will just look oversized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics