• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam L

Reaction score
I’m looking for summer/spring high rise trousers to wear as an odd trouser for a business casual office. Does anyone have any recommendations on good fabrics right now from S&M?

Last edited:

IKant

Reaction score
Okay. The Neo 3 sport coat came in. Here are some pics. I'll post without any commentary on the cut.

The fabric is surprisingly nice. I really like it.

View attachment 2199007 View attachment 2199009 View attachment 2199011
The jacket is nice, but one caveat about this new neo cut. The reason Neapolitan cut jackets look great on most people, in fact, almost all guys RTW (exception wide hips maybe), is because it has no shoulder padding, little chest drape and no extended shoulder (shoulder is cut close to the shoulder line).

Once you start introducing these characteristics into a jacket like this extended shoulder neo, you'll start noticing faults that we all have that are completely hidden by bespoke tailoring and neo cut jackets, eg, barrel and concaved chests, and particularly dropped shoulders, something that many and I mean lots of us guys have, as well as all kinds of asymmetrical physiological defects. The beauty of neo in all brands is that it's easy to wear RTW making bespoke less required. One man's opinion.

Last edited:

tcmquincy

Reaction score
Is the sizing for their high rise trousers any different than the regular trousers? I am intereted in their new tobacco linen suit, which comes with high-rise trousers, which I have never worn before from any brand.

Also, thoughts on the jetted pockets on these? I think the model last year with the patch pockets looks a bit better. I have been wanting a tobacco linen suit but don't know if I really want to spend an extra 170ish for a S&M custom suit just for the pockets.

9121-TropicalCoffee-8102-MTO_4077-1633x2643- (8).jpg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Everything falls so cleanly. Did you take your normal size? I also wonder about trousers, in that will they change the trouser cut to harmonize with the slightly fuller, drapier jacket silhouette?
Yes. Normal size jacket. Looks long in the pic but that’s just the camera angle.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I know this isn't the first time this request has come up. I hope this time, someone will be gracious enough to post a fit of the Hollywood trousers. I really need to see how they fit on a real person before I pull trigger.

Here are the 2023 Hollywood trousers in sand color linen (the wrinkling you see was from one full night of wear at a long wine dinner). This size is 38 slim with a 2" cuff from S&M (I normally buy contemp, but these were available in slim on a sale, and I figured for the stated dimensions I could get away with slim on these:

S&M Hollywood Trousers Linen.jpg

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Full outfit of the above, with Cesare Attolini sport coat and Lof & Tung tobacco suede quilted loafers. Shirt is Salvatore Piccolo.

Attolini Pink Jacket.jpg

SteveMc

Reaction score
Here are the 2023 Hollywood trousers in sand color linen (the wrinkling you see was from one full night of wear at a long wine dinner). This size is 38 slim with a 2" cuff from S&M (I normally buy contemp, but these were available in slim on a sale, and I figured for the stated dimensions I could get away with slim on these:

View attachment 2202377
Thank you sir! much appreciated.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jacket is nice, but one caveat about this new neo cut. The reason Neapolitan cut jackets look great on most people, in fact, almost all guys RTW (exception wide hips maybe), is because it has no shoulder padding, little chest drape and no extended shoulder (shoulder is cut close to the shoulder line).

Once you start introducing these characteristics into a jacket like this extended shoulder neo, you'll start noticing faults that we all have that are completely hidden by bespoke tailoring and neo cut jackets, eg, barrel and concaved chests, and particularly dropped shoulders, something that many and I mean lots of us guys have, as well as all kinds of asymmetrical physiological defects. The beauty of neo in all brands is that it's easy to wear RTW making bespoke less required. One man's opinion.

I am a little curious to hear more specifically why you think a little shoulder extension and more room in the chest is going to highlight issues that are hidden by less structured shoulders and a leaner chest. If anything, I think the opposite. One issue that I frequently see with the last Neo2 cut is that the narrower shoulders can make people look a little pear-shaped/bottom-heavy. Often exacerbated by choosing the Slim cut over Contemporary when the body type is not all that slim. The Neo3 is going to give most people more of an inverted triangle silhouette.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a little curious to hear more specifically why you think a little shoulder extension and more room in the chest is going to highlight issues that are hidden by less structured shoulders and a leaner chest. If anything, I think the opposite. One issue that I frequently see with the last Neo2 cut is that the narrower shoulders can make people look a little pear-shaped/bottom-heavy. Often exacerbated by choosing the Slim cut over Contemporary when the body type is not all that slim. The Neo3 is going to give most people more of an inverted triangle silhouette.
This.

dresden

Reaction score
Have been wanting a blue, casual summer suit. Looking at the navy seersucker. The colors are always a little off online. Is it too dark a navy? Will it look lifeless and uninteresting that dark? Or are the photos just off and it is actually blue?

lindenbaum

Reaction score
Different people would have different taste. For me with square shoulders, the neo 2 really makes difference from even lightly padded Suitsupply Havana fit.
1718846500.268857.jpeg

1718846480.364987.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolev