• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where can I find the measurements for the long option for sport coats?

Size chart is getting updated on Monday when we send the email out. But you can follow the same size specs as the Model 2 Suit Jacket. The long sizes are there. Can I help you with a particular size?

Hey Rick, is Massdrop going to be a more common thing from now on? Or was it mainly just for the polos?

Not sure. We want to see how this first one performs. It's doing pretty decently right now. Also depends on the items and our stocks. Polos we floated a lot of stock, so we could afford to run it. But dress shirts, etc. we don't carry a lot of stock on any particular item.

kickstand

Reaction score
My first purchase was the brown gun check. Sizing looks to be pretty spot on for me. Looking forward to receiving it.

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When will these jackets be in the downtown store (the first five and then the rest)?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the measurements for Long sizes? Specifically 40L?

sobecane

Reaction score
Vote for clean back for the OCBD's. Second place would be side pleats and box pleats in a distant last.

TheGivingSpoon

Reaction score
Rick, are the checks on the blue gunclub sportcoat navy and black, or navy and brown? Can't really tell in either of the photoshoots you've shared.

I think a third colour in future gunchecks (a blue/purple in future browns, especially) would help me, personally, be less on the fence about buying these.

Looking forward to the upcoming runs from the new factory.

thedesi

Reaction score
Guys..understand this is not thread for fit advise but wanted to share credit to S&M for what I believe to be best fit for OTR. picked up Navy peak lapel suit on trip to Canada and Vik was super helpful. Pants were tight...contacted them later and offered to exchange; I instead purchased 4 additional pants from their sale inventory. Appreciate any feedback but feel jacket just needs slight sleeve shortening. Surprised how well the sleeve pitch, and back turned out given my structure and posture.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rick, are the checks on the blue gunclub sportcoat navy and black, or navy and brown? Can't really tell in either of the photoshoots you've shared.

It certainly looks brown, maybe even burgundy, on my monitor but I share your desire for confirmation. I'll plan to purchase this jacket also.

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys..understand this is not thread for fit advise but wanted to share credit to S&M for what I believe to be best fit for OTR. picked up Navy peak lapel suit on trip to Canada and Vik was super helpful. Pants were tight...contacted them later and offered to exchange; I instead purchased 4 additional pants from their sale inventory. Appreciate any feedback but feel jacket just needs slight sleeve shortening. Surprised how well the sleeve pitch, and back turned out given my structure and posture.

That looks amazing for OTR. Hem the pants and shorten the sleeves 1/4 inch and it'll be spot on.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket quarters are too open hence the shirt triangle showing above the pant waist. I'm not sure how to fix that, maybe let the waist on the jacket out a bit. It looks nicely fitted in the waist, but a little too much for my taste. Excellent fit otherwise. Is this a slim fit suit or a contemporary suit?

Last edited:

winghus

Reaction score
Welp, had to go out last night and when I checked just now, size 48 brown gun check is sold out on pre-order.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Welp, had to go out last night and when I checked just now, size 48 brown gun check is sold out on pre-order.

I may have another reserved for our downtown shop. I'll check with my stock manager and put that on hold for a couple of days.

The 48 specs are the same as the model 2 suit jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads