• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Preview of one of the new sportcoats coming in the first group. The pic is a bit blown out because the lighting in the room was really bad, but you get the idea. Really fantastic Jacket. It's like a blue version of a black watch plaid.
Patch, judging by this sample photo and previous comments from Rick.

reversible

Reaction score
So I just got my shirts in and wanted to share my thoughts. Loved the shipment email - I was like oh hey shipping confirmation but then I punched in the tracking number and it had already arrived! I hadn't even noticed yet.

I read somewhere that people felt like S&M sizing was a good medium between normal people and department store mannequins, but after trying it on I would definitely like to see a size more suited for the mannequin-people. I ordered a few shirts with some friends (collar sizes up to 16", all slim fit) and that also appears to be the general consensus. Mine was a 14.5" and the torso was a little big - though pretty close to the listed size - and the arms were decidedly poofy.

Still, I was very impressed by the quality and for the price the shirts are a solid value. Just wish there was an OTR option for (even) skinnier folks.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I apologize if I missed it while catching up over the past few pages, but will there be long sizes for sport coats this fall?

We were only able to get very small quantities of these Fabrics. Unfortunately no long sizes on this initial run.

That brown is looking like fuego.

I'm guessing October, Rick? And are they patch or flap pockets?

Looking forward to them being available for purchase.

Pre-orders will launch this week. Shipping first week of September.

All will be patch pockets.

So I just got my shirts in and wanted to share my thoughts. Loved the shipment email - I was like oh hey shipping confirmation but then I punched in the tracking number and it had already arrived! I hadn't even noticed yet.

I read somewhere that people felt like S&M sizing was a good medium between normal people and department store mannequins, but after trying it on I would definitely like to see a size more suited for the mannequin-people. I ordered a few shirts with some friends (collar sizes up to 16", all slim fit) and that also appears to be the general consensus. Mine was a 14.5" and the torso was a little big - though pretty close to the listed size - and the arms were decidedly poofy.

Still, I was very impressed by the quality and for the price the shirts are a solid value. Just wish there was an OTR option for (even) skinnier folks.

We would love to offer more fits including an even trimmer fit. Unfortunately we are not to scale yet to offer that much depth. In its place we do offer probably the most competitive MTM program available in the market from a quality/value perspective.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
The site is a bit wonky for sizing of sport coats. Which sizing chart should we look up for the new sport coats?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a gray herringbone sport coat! Excited for that to drop.

Chambertin

Reaction score
Thought I'd drop in to say, I'm very excited, having placed my first order for 3 MTM shirts. Just ordered some basics, two whites, and a light blue. I'm really excited about the fit. I have a big neck, close to 17.5 but I'm not as large as RTW shirts assume a man with a 17.5 neck to be. So rather than wear a Seinfeld parachute like shirt, I opt for 16/16.5 to better fit me around the body. Plus it gives me a *chance* of finding a 32/33 sleeve. The negative is that I physically cannot button many of my shirts, or if I can, it's lightly choking me all day long. Not surprising, my 50+ ties hardly get worn. Luckily, I've stopped buying them finally.

I had a great experience, I was measured twice, by two different sales associate, and most important they were very patient while I fussed over some details.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I've had a couple shirts darted by you guys. Are there an other alterations that you will perform to shirts prior to shipping? If so, what are the costs? Thanks

@spiermackay

cloud82

Reaction score

After wasting some money trying to tailor OTR shirts from few different companies, I pretty much only buy the S&M MTM shirts now.
Give MTM a shot~

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 14.5 in the slim fit OTR shirts. And it's at the very max for me. The neck is perfect but if I gain any size, it's gonna be 15.

Start eating a sandwich and pick up some weights :D

reversible

Reaction score
@cloud82
Yeah, I'll definitely look into it. I have found OTR shirts that work for me (TM Lewin and Gustin) but one lacks the quality and the other lacks the value. The possibility of getting both plus precise customization with MTM is very enticing. Maybe I'll stop my next time I'm in the area.

@7_rocket
I admit, I'm probably at a slight caloric deficit. I had a workout routine going last year, but I've been slacking this year...

Last edited:

Burke

Reaction score
Is it possible to send it to you to have done? Ideally I would like removed the bottom button moved to top position (with its stitching removed and steamed) and a new false button hole stitched at top - could you do that? And if so, how much?

Spex

Reaction score

Is it possible to send it to you to have done? Ideally I would like removed the bottom button moved to top position (with its stitching removed and steamed) and a new false button hole stitched at top - could you do that?  And if so, how much?

I'm curious about this. Is this for a 3-roll-2 jacket? Do you have a photo of the desired result. I'm just wondering how high the buttoning point would look.

Last edited:

Boyle

Reaction score
Hey S&M guys,

I've emailed your customer service team 4 times over the past week and I haven't been able to get my question answered. Only one of my emails even drew a response (which didn't answer my question). What's going on over there?

But since you're on here: the bundle price for suits on your website seems to be broken. I'm trying to buy 3 of your contemporary fit suits, but each suit shows up in my bag at the $468 regular price rather than the $399 bundle price. How should I make this purchase?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads