• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For you guys who have ordered shirts using the MTM program, was it possible to include a note similar to: "please use same measurements as your OTR size 'X' but add/substract 'Y' amount here and there, etc." Or do you have to input actual measurements in the required fields? Their OTR fits me really well, except for the collar, which is 3/4" too big. Thus, I can wear their shirts casually, but not with a tie.

Also, is it possible to give specific specs for the collars (similar to Luxire) or are we required to choose from their list? I feel none of them is voluminous enough (in term of collar point length).

Thank you!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi,

For you guys who have ordered shirts using the MTM program, was it possible to include a note similar to: "please use same measurements as your OTR size 'X' but add/substract 'Y' amount here and there, etc." Or do you have to input actual measurements in the required fields? Their OTR fits me really well, except for the collar, which is 3/4" too big. Thus, I can wear their shirts casually, but not with a tie.

Also, is it possible to give specific specs for the collars (similar to Luxire) or are we required to choose from their list? I feel none of them is voluminous enough (in term of collar point length).

Thank you!

Yes to both. You can just plug in dummy numbers in the order measurements and advise the changes in the notes at checkout.

Otte

Reaction score
Speaking about MTM measurements. If we've ordered multiple times, the next order will be based on the last measurements by default right? Including alterations/adjustments after production? This is strictly speaking about everything that can be measured and not other non-quantitative preferences.

A suggestion, why don't you guys pre-wash all the fabrics to reduce the shrinkage factor even more? If not, is it possible to request this on a custom order? Although asking every single time is kind of moot and could be disastrous on the times we forget.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to both. You can just plug in dummy numbers in the order measurements and advise the changes in the notes at checkout.

Thank you!

Chambertin

Reaction score
I'm in Markham and I guess since I'm used to driving. 30 mins doesn't really bother me, but I can see the city guys having an issue.

Oh and for those who happen to go on Saturday. I find that you either go really early or after 2.30pm. Otherwise it's pretty busy.

Thanks, that's helpful as I plan to go Saturday with a couple buddies.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you!

I basically told them:
add 1/2" chest
minus 1/2" sleeves
minus 1/2" cuffs

It came out well. The measurements were very minimal adjustments though.

jaidog

Reaction score
I got some of these custom (extreme spread). They are very wide. A true cutaway.

I would love to see photos of these being worn casually without a tie. I am looking for a collar other than button-down which will look decent without a tie. Perhaps the extreme spread collar will do the trick. Photos would be greatly appreciated.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see photos of these being worn casually without a tie. I am looking for a collar other than button-down which will look decent without a tie. Perhaps the extreme spread collar will do the trick. Photos would be greatly appreciated.

SF will tell you that is ill advised. I wear the current full spread without a tie, but can't find a picture at the moment. The semi spread is likely the best dual purpose collar if you are not looking for a button down.

On another note, I stopped by yesterday and saw/tried on the new OCBD's. They are remarkable, especially for the $. Buy them if you need any OCBD's. You won't be sorry.

jaidog

Reaction score
SF will tell you that is ill advised. I wear the current full spread without a tie, but can't find a picture at the moment. The semi spread is likely the best dual purpose collar if you are not looking for a button down.

On another note, I stopped by yesterday and saw/tried on the new OCBD's. They are remarkable, especially for the $. Buy them if you need any OCBD's. You won't be sorry.

I have trouble wearing some of my spread collar shirts without at tie. The collars end up either being too wide and don't look good or don't lay flat against my chest. Thought that both these problems would be alleviated with the extreme spread. Also, I'd like to see pics of various SM shirt collars without ties if anyone cares to post some.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear their default spread without a tie all the time. Looks fine with a crew neck sweater. Don't do it with a v neck though

I'll try to get pictures next week

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
I ordered my custom S&M shirts with the semi spread adjusted to 3.25" point length. Great with a tie and under a jacket but would not wear them tieless. I think a cutaway would look better, almost like a polo shirt collar. Having said that, all my "casual" (meaning worn with no tie) shirts have button down collars. Tieless spread collars look too Joe Average to me nowadays...apologies for the bias.

emailstuartm

Reaction score
Could you share the sizing / measurements for you 46 tall suits. Don't see them on the sizing chart.

Thanks

jaidog

Reaction score
White Shirt

Tried searching this thread, but didn't have any luck. I'm looking for advice on an S&M MTM white shirt fabric for a casual shirt. I'm looking for something thicker than a fine dress shirt material, but also thinner than an oxford material. I'd also like the fabric to be fairly opaque. Any suggestions?

cloud82

Reaction score
White Shirt

Tried searching this thread, but didn't have any luck. I'm looking for advice on an S&M MTM white shirt fabric for a casual shirt. I'm looking for something thicker than a fine dress shirt material, but also thinner than an oxford material. I'd also like the fabric to be fairly opaque. Any suggestions?

Maybe a fine twill? (or one of the thinner oxford like pinpoint oxford?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads