1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

Wash warm first and hang dry as you normally would. The warm water will shrink them a bit more than a cold wash. Give two good washes first and let me know.

2. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Broke out the light blue linen this morning. Has become a staple in my shirt rotation since getting it.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. spiermackay

Gentlemen, we have a fairly big announcement to make......at least for us!

Some of you may know that we were in talks to transition to a new suit factory that will take over all our OTR and MTM production. The deal is done and finalized and we made the transition on July 1st. The big deal is that that factory that we moved to is a JV with Zegna! Zegna is a 50% partner since 2003. They wanted better access to the Domestic Chinese market and return they provided the "know how" and skill of high end suit making. The factory is greatly considered to be the #1 top quality suit producer in the country.

We feel extremely lucky to have had everything line up for us to make this happen. The quality of the finished product is absolutely outstanding. The drape and balance of the jackets is beautiful and the overall construction is softened from what we were previously producing. The best part is, the price will remain the same!

The MTM division was set up specifically by Zegna to cater to the Luxury end of the Domestic market. They only work with a handful of companies in Europe and we will be the first company to work with them for MTM in North America.

All MTM orders from June 26th onward will be produced by our new factory. This further solidifies our commitment to outstanding quality and we hope creates even greater value for our customers.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    15 people like this.
  4. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Please keep us updated on how this will effect the final products in terms of quality, design, and fabrics.

Also, I will post a photo of the navy Alloway short sleeve next time I wear it.

5. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

Congratulations. This is wonderful news. It seems like MTM suiting is mostly handled through email and PM. Are there plans to make the process more like ordering a custom shirt on your website?

6. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

I think Rick only does MTM suiting in store IIRC.

7. An Acute Style

I guess this gives me another good reason to visit Toronto.

2 people like this.
  8. LoKey

LoKey Well-Known Member

Thank you @Darkside ! I'd love a picture of the Alloway. Any information about the sizing of your shirt would be helpful too. I'm in Boston too and the weather for short sleeve shirts is finally here.

9. CMAc7

CMAc7 Well-Known Member

What An Acute Style is referring to is a one-off thing that S&M did for StyleForum members only. They offered some odds and ends fabrics to be made up MTM via email for dirt cheap. (You can see what I am referring to back on post #3435).

I had them make two pair of trousers basically mimicking the Suitsupply Brentwood (high rise, single pleat, side tabs no loops, 2" cuff) and in addition, a double breasted suit. They all turned out amazing. Just incredible to get MTM for those prices.

Rick could say if that deal is still being honored or if any of the fabrics are still left. I for one would be curious if it was still going on, and if so, would the new factory be doing the production?

10. spiermackay

Will do. Our suits were already pretty great. This will take them to the next level.

We may eventually try something similar to how we handle MTM shirting. We've heard too many horror stories of online MTM where folks don't accurately take body measurements and the suit ends up useless. We would adopt more of a try and adjust model, where you would order an OTR suit and advise of the necessary adjustments. This way you will have a good idea of what to expect. No ridiculously ill fitting surprises.

At the moment, we are running it this way via email and PM. Keeping it small to iron out any bugs.

We do still have some fabrics in stock. The stock has already been moved and ready to go. By next week we will add the Huddersfield line up to this.

11. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Well-Known Member

Do you have any pictures of fabrics available for custom suiting in what you would consider a mid-range level?

12. CMAc7

CMAc7 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you are still doing the SF MTM deal. What exactly is/was the Huddersfield line up?

Maybe when it is lined out what fabrics are still available/being added, you can post pics of what fabrics can be used for this program like you did last time?

1 person likes this.
  13. An Acute Style

Cool. I know that you've posted a few pics of MTM suits and sport coats. I think I speak for everyone when I say I would love to see more. Especially, stuff like double breasted or 3/2 roll jackets.

1 person likes this.
  14. 02///M3

02///M3 Well-Known Member

You definitely speak for me. This MTM upgrade is excellent news. Can't wait to get up to Toronto and get measured.

15. spiermackay

I'll see what I can get up. Most folk are not adventurous enough to try anything outside a cookie cutter suit.

16. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

I'm going in to have a solid navy 3/2 in one of the Huddersfields made up next week. I'm going with as much hand stitching as the factory can do (right now I know it's $5/button hole - not sure about other stuff). I'll be sure to post up pics when it's done!

2 people like this.
  17. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

I have a 3r2 coming my way from S&M. I'll post pictures when I get it

2 people like this.
  18. SouthOfBloor

SouthOfBloor Member

Hey Rick, another quick question. I'm hoping to buy a new suit in the next couple weeks, was probably going to grab an OTR from the downtown store. I thought I heard you mention that there is a tailor that works in the store? So would I be able to get some alterations done in store on the OTR if I come into the downtown location (hemmed, take the waist in)??

Thanks

19. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Need to post pics please. On a hanger is fine.

20. spiermackay

Yes. Absolutely.