• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2nd Group

Grey Windowpane - 10186 049/1
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Grey Bold Check - 10126 043/1
Super 110's - 270 gsm

Light Gray Flannel - 10014 044/4
Super 110's - 310 gsm

Grey Pinstripe - 21200/268
Super 100's - 275 gsm

Grey Flannel POW - 10014 093/1
Super 110's - 310 gsm

Light Gray - 10005 001/10
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Gray Birdseye - 10015 058/1
Super 130's - 265 gsm

Medium Gray - 21800/1010
Super 100's - 275 gsm

Chambertin

Reaction score
Gentlemen, Here are the first group of fabrics available for the MTO/MTM. 2 Piece Suit (Half Canvas) $550 CAD, Jacket $400, Trousers $150, Waistcoat $150

As we have not offered this before, we feel the most efficient way to take orders at the moment is as follows:

Email your order to [email protected] with the subject: SF MTM Promo.

1. Advise your existing SM account and which email address is associated to it. If you don't have an account, please register HERE.

2. Advise the fabric you want to select along with the fabric code.

3. Advise Jacket styling details:
  • Canvas (Half, Full +$100 CAD)
  • Front Buttoning (i.e. 2 Button, 3 Roll 2.5, etc)
  • Lapel (Peak, Notch and advise Width) - Can also advise if want standard or high gorge height. High gorge is 2 cm higher than standard.
  • Pockets: (Straight, Slanted. With Ticket, Patch, etc)
  • Chest Pocket: (Normal, Barchetta, Patch, etc)
  • Vents: (Single, Double)
  • Shoulder: Normal, No Padding, Spalla Camica, etc.
  • Lining Colour: Only 3 choices. Burgundy Bemberg, Navy Bemberg, Black Bemberg

4. Advise Trouser styling details:
  • Front (no pleats, single pleat, etc)
  • Pockets (On Seam, Off Seam, etc)
  • Hem: (No Cuff, Cuffed and Cuff Size)
  • Waist Band: (Regular or Extended)
  • Side Tabs or Belt Loops
  • Lining: (To Knee, To Hem)

5. Sizing
These will be based on our Model 2, both Slim and Contemporary fit blocks.

Jacket: Advise what changes are needed to a standard size. i.e. shorten/lengthen sleeves, take in/let out waist, chest, sleeve pitch, square back, etc.
Trouser: Advise what changes are needed to a standard size. i.e. take in/let out waist, hip, thigh, knee, hem. Raise/Lower front or back rise. Advise finished outseam.

If you have never ordered a suit from us, you can advise adjustments based on our listed measurements. Alternatively, you can purchase a suit/trouser and the purchase can be credited towards your custom suit when returned if you so choose. As this program is running on a razor thin margin, we will charge $15 CAD against the trial suit to offset the return charge. (We will be offering first suit return free starting later this week for US customers)

Excellent, this is very flexible. I suppose there's no deadline, just first come first serve?
In terms of sizing, an alternative would be to visit the store and try things on and hope the fabric is still available. Can we see the swatch's in person at the store?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3rd Group

Blue Linen/Silk - 10216 004/4
Linen/Silk - 240 gsm

Bright Navy Pinstripe - 10005 311/5
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Brown Birdseye - 10095 002/6
Super 110's - 300 gsm

Brown Bold Check - 10161 038/1
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Lt. Brown Check - 10058 112/6
Super 110's Tropical - 250 gsm

Brown POW - 10005 236/6
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Brown Sharkskin - 10005 169/6
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Camel Flannel - 10014 044/8
Super 110's - 310 gsm

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
4th Group

Grey POW - 10005 306/1
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Grey Puppytooth - 24500/644
Super 100's - 270 gsm

Lt. Brown Sharkskin - 10005 169/7
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Tobacco Wool/Linen - 10090 059/28
Wool/Linen - 270 gsm

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent, this is very flexible. I suppose there's no deadline, just first come first serve?
In terms of sizing, an alternative would be to visit the store and try things on and hope the fabric is still available. Can we see the swatch's in person at the store?

No particular deadline right now. We do have limited stocks. So it is first come, first serve type of deal.

Certainly you can visit the shop and see swatches in person.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could use this opportunity! Lovely fabric choices in each group!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could use this opportunity! Lovely fabric choices in each group!
Same. Also, I got my OCBDs today. I'll be wearing them this week. Pictures soon. The light blue looks better in person. It could be a tad darker though.

jamie411

Reaction score
That MTM is very tempting... I'm going to have to think about this! Rick, can you do lapels on the waistcoat?

Also, regarding the brushed OCBDs, any chance of seeing the light blue and medium blue side-by-side?

NickInTO

Reaction score
Wore one of the new OCBDs today, love the fit through the chest and the collar.

Will hopefully stop by the store this weekend or next to get some shirts from my groomsmen. I'm broke because of the wedding, but may have to look at getting a brown tobacco sportcoat made...

CMAc7

Reaction score
Rick,

Absolutely fantastic deal on the custom suits. I will likely take advantage of this in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I have a rather strange question.

I have grown quite fond of the hangers you include with your sportcoats. I am a 36, so it is nearly impossible for me to find a hanger that isn't too long across in the shoulders, but still has the wide shoulder pieces (if that makes sense). All other hangers I find with a 2"-3" shoulder are 18" long and the shoulders of my jackets are just over 17". Is there any way you (or anyone else) can tell me where I can buy these? Or better yet, would you sell me 3 or 4 with my next order?

Also, when do you plan on having this in OTR?

d148e6bdda92202e993bf75bbe5fd25f.jpg

redbeardedmike

Reaction score
I just noticed the button stance issue was raised here in March, and a few people preferred the higher stance. Proper Cloth has a nice breakdown of the button stance issue, analyzing the different preferences: http://propercloth.com/reference/top-button-placement/

The current S&M placement is on the higher side of the button stance spectrum, which benefits those completely buttoned up and two-unbuttoned. I'm one-unbuttoned, so I prefer something closer to the default Proper Cloth. 1989 fashion-icon Jerry Seinfeld agrees with me ("no-man's-land!").
wink.gif
I suppose there's a reason there's the custom option, but wouldn't it be convenient if the OTR was the same as my custom?

burgerkong, if I'm not mistaken, the dress shirts you have are probably older and have a lower button, whereas all of the newer shirts including dress shirts have higher buttons.

I bought a brushed Oxford in November (specifically RY-905 4C3KF5) and as a one-unbuttoned person, I am not a fan of the change in button placement. This shirt is now relegated only to wearing with a tie or under a sweater, which is a shame because I like it.

I don't mean to be dragging up a debate again, but I'd just like confirmation if A) this is now the default for all oxfords (I believe it is) and B) if this is now true of all dress shirts (I'm hoping it isn't).

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the guys that have picked up the latest release of the brushed oxford.

The brushing is quite minimal, but how do you guys like it? Do we keep it on the next run, keep the brushing but take it down a bit or get rid of it and just keep a classic, standard, traditional oxford fabric.

Another option is, we keep the brushing for Sportshirts and run a regular oxford for "dress oxfords"

Opinions?

Just received my order and I am very impressed with the fabric, hands down one of the best oxfords I have handled at any price. I think the brushing on them is just right, makes the shirt soft out of the box but could easily be dressed up. The change to the longer sleeves on 15.5 seems to work pretty good for me too. I didn't pay close attention to the new button placement but I will check it out tomorrow as I plan on washing the burgundy and wearing it. The collar roll and lining all seem great as well, I would not change anything about the specs upon first glance.

Could not be happier with the new oxfords and looking forward to many more colours in the future if they are like these. I would not change the brushing, I think it is the perfect balance right now allowing you to not have separate oxford lines.

May I suggest using the template of these oxford for future casual shirts. Maybe some chambray offerings and some flannels.

Also, a couple of Fall/Winter oxford color suggestions....

Igor01

Reaction score
I bought a brushed Oxford in November (specifically RY-905 4C3KF5) and as a one-unbuttoned person, I am not a fan of the change in button placement. This shirt is now relegated only to wearing with a tie or under a sweater, which is a shame because I like it.

I don't mean to be dragging up a debate again, but I'd just like confirmation if A) this is now the default for all oxfords (I believe it is) and B) if this is now true of all dress shirts (I'm hoping it isn't).

Would like to know too. I've ordered several MTM shirts recently and the test shirt had the second button almost a whole inch lower than the OTR dress shirts I've bought a while ago. I had to ask to move the button stance up for the rest of the order.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New light blue OCBD. Outstanding shirt and excellent value. I'd say the fit is on par with Brooks Brothers regent fit. It's comfortable, but could much slimmer. I haven't washed it yet. I hope it shrinks some. I probably should have sized down.

Mojomojo

Reaction score
Can we walk in on a weekend to get measured for the MTO/MTM program?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads