• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Joak's been done. (...)
The difference here is that I'm parodying you and everyone else who beats it into the ground by posting in Transmod. This isn't the Transparent Moderation And Spam Reporting Thread. Sometimes I see spam in the mornings, and eventually it's gone. That's good enough for me. And, that's all I have to say about this topic. IF you want to debate it further, please re-read the above.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw ive met MM aka max aka banhamma' in person, seemed like a decent enough fellow, (he bought some tom ford shoes from me)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I don't need help, I need you people to recognize that there is more than SF in life and realize that sometimes spam is going to sit for more than 10 (or 11 or 12) minutes and just ******* get over it. I'm so sorry you have to scroll down one more time to find the thread you want to read.
Well if you get some help you won't have to spend so much ******* time doing it. I think you're taking this "Army of One" meme a bit too far.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Well if you get some help you won't have to spend so much ******* time doing it. I think you're taking this "Army of One Nut" meme a bit too far.

ftfy
rimshot.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I need you people to recognize that there is more than SF in life.
This is the most offensive and heretical statement I have ever read on SF. Mods, please ban.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Suggest we change Manton's title to "Something Something Something, Darkside" until he changes his avator.

And to J, <insert ass-kissing flattery here>, but perhaps after a time-period you deem appropriate, unban MM, since he seems to have a few decent people vouching for his character. Anyone can make a mistake and get carried away.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
My earlier post was a little Norcal'ish in presentation, but I think there has been a serious lack of good moderation lately.

Not sure I understand the reference but I guess I'm just proud to make my first appearance as an adjective.

btw I think the moderation has been just fine.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
And to J, <insert ass-kissing flattery here>, but perhaps after a time-period you deem appropriate, unban MM, since he seems to have a few decent people vouching for his character. Anyone can make a mistake and get carried away.

No way...if I had to read one more of his posts in Health & Body, I would have banned myself.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
No way...if I had to read one more of his posts in Health & Body, I would have banned myself.

He knew he was annoying people and at first he tried to stay out of things, but then like 2 or 3 days later he would do the same ****. It was bound to spill over to CE eventually. He was a really, really good addition to the food forum though. Should have known that you can't tangle with the mods...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Man_v5.

Global Ignore.

Just throwing it out here.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Hey Man_v5. Global Ignore. Just throwing it out here.
Seriously. Mods: he's back once again, this time as Stillwater. Either he is using proxies or you aren't IP banning him, but regardless, he keeps coming back and back and back. I second Tagut's recommendation. Put him on global ignore instead of banning him. See how long it takes him to figure it out. http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=135047

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
I second Tagut's recommendation. Put him on global ignore instead of banning him. See how long it takes him to figure it out.

Considering the level of intelligence he's evinced in the past, it could be quite a while.

I don't know why he keeps coming back to a clothing forum when his primary purpose seems to be to discuss politics (and since his Soulshine incarnation, he's been getting banned long before CE eligibility.) Maybe he geniunely expects he'll get his vindication. In any case, more than being moved to anger or annoyance, I just find the subtext of his posts really, really sad.

I don't know why Hey Man keeps choosing these vaguely hippy-dippy or vaguely Native American screennames, always with the same letter case pattern. If he had any sense, he'd choose a screenname like AHC3498 and he'd fit right!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stillwater
Thanks for the concern. As for the screennames, I am into classic rock/hard rock and many of my names are either band names or songs titles from these bands. I don't expect any vindication, I just enjoy posting here.

If you enjoy posting here why do you act in a fashion that ensures speedy bannage?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think we can all enjoy the lulz of this awesome PM I received from Stillwater / Hey Man immediately prior to his most recent banning:

Originally Posted by Stillwater
Have you ever heard the saying "nobody likes a tattletale"? In case you didn't know, it's true and I find it amazing that people on this board have nothing better to do than rat out other posters that they don't like.

Someone like you, who has no problem running to tell mommy, confirms that you are spineless and could never be trusted. If this was the mafia, you would be the first one whacked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics