• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't picture wearing this shirt without a tie, and that would be my biggest issue.

I tried to think of a way to write this post without being a dick, since you're legitimately trying to be helpful and this forum needs that sort of thing, but

"You'd have to be pretty much marsupialed to wear a tie with that shirt"

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't currently own any drop crotch pants but I want to get a pair. I think they work well when the drop isn't too large. For that reason, I was considering the following. If anyone has other suggestions on either drop crotch or cropped pants in the $350 and below range, I'm open to those as well.
Do you want sweat pant material or trousers? The stiffness of the sweatpants would prob cause them to drape weirdly. Don't know, I've never owned siki im dropcrotch pants before.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you want sweat pant material or trousers?
The stiffness of the sweatpants would prob cause them to drape weirdly. Don't know, I've never owned siki im dropcrotch pants before.

I wanted something lightweight for summer use and was really looking for 'sweat.pant material.'

I don't own a single pair of proper trousers so that'll be a future purchase and likely non-drop crotch.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted something lightweight for summer use and was really looking for 'sweat.pant material.' 

I don't own a single pair of proper trousers so that'll be a future purchase and likely non-drop crotch. 

if you're size 32/48, check yoox in a few days for some miharayasuhiro cotton sweatpants. I got two pairs of miharas last week- a wool pair and a cotton pair, and the cotton ones will be going back. they're made from a t-shirt material, which wasn't what I was looking for but should suit your needs really well. peace

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some gustavolins pants (check out suspensionpoint.ca) that might fit the bill as well

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

as opposed to my earlier idea of

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Upon further review, I think the Ute blazer may be a little too similar to this OL blazer I already have as part of a suit:

edit:

Also, someone convince me not to buy this:

close-up of fabric:

Last edited:

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket looks like something I'd buy because it's awesome and then never wear it, notwithit

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics