• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'm looking for something timeless and classic but also slightly edgy that I can wear to work with chinos but also out to bars and clubs so maybe something "smart-dressy-casual" I don't know should I keep these or just get Clark's DBs?

Bad cell phone pic:

Bought for a pittance off Yoox.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those CPs. Good shape and colorway.

If you pair them with chinos, just don't wear khaki colored ones.
Black, navy or dark grey wool trouser would look great with those shoes.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The CP code numbers always bother me on anything but their sneakers.

If you want to splurge for chukkas, the Alden snuff suedes are 350 after the JCrew coupon right now.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I like those CPs. Good shape and colorway.
If you pair them with chinos, just don't wear khaki colored ones.
Black, navy or dark grey wool trouser would look great with those shoes.

I should have clarified - I was trolling with the run-on sentence about classic and timeless but edgy and smart-dressy-casual.

I don't own chinos. (0)

I could use some wool trousers, though.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have clarified - I was trolling with the run-on sentence about classic and timeless but edgy and smart-dressy-casual.
I don't own chinos. (0)
I could use some wool trousers, though.
Haha, I suspected there was some kind of sarcasm involved, but since you've posted red trousers in here before I couldn't be sure
sly.gif

Either way, I like them.

There were a similar pair of Raf Simons on aloharag a while back and I still regret not getting them.

mcdecker1

Reaction score

The CP code numbers always bother me on anything but their sneakers.
If you want to splurge for chukkas, the Alden snuff suedes are 350 after the JCrew coupon right now.

yeah, but the unlined ones (available everywhere else) are sooo much cooler . and more expensive :fu:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
To go with the chukkas:

(10) on going with the chukkas, (0) on should I buy. Kinda sketched out because the guy is selling multiple sizes. Also, I think I prefer the version with an actual collar instead of a band collar.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To go with the chukkas:

(10) on going with the chukkas, (0) on should I buy. Kinda sketched out because the guy is selling multiple sizes. Also, I think I prefer the version with an actual collar instead of a band collar.

Pretty good reason not to get it IMO. I tried the cheap rick thing a couple times and it's never worth it.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Pretty good reason not to get it IMO.  I tried the cheap rick thing a couple times and it's never worth it.

Good call. I'll hold off and keep an eye out for the collared version.

artishard116
"please don't wear with blue jeans."
:laugh: No worries; if and when I finally get one, it'll be black 19cm all the way. Not sure if sharp notations would be overkill. It would depend on the texture of the leather, most likely.

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the SS cardigan to everyone that chimed in. I think I'm gonna pass though. Looks great, but not my type of knit I don't think. Someone should buy it though if it's still around.

tomee

Reaction score

I'm looking for something timeless and classic but also slightly edgy that I can wear to work with chinos but also out to bars and clubs so maybe something "smart-dressy-casual" I don't know should I keep these or just get Clark's DBs?

Bad cell phone pic:
Bought for a pittance off Yoox.

where to kop those CP's?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads