• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trader
I live in Toronto. It's all about the eyetalian shoes here. Chicks love the rubber soled black prada and the gucci.

The suede belgraves were probably my most worn shoes this year cause they're so versatile but I seem to be the only one that cares...

Ah, I see. Well, just keep wearing them.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
These guys: called 'Italian looking' the other day (they're Barkers).
IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

OMG that medallion.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
OMG that medallion.

you like it, teh cock and teh balls?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
OMG that medallion.
Yes it makes the women wet too
smile.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
My most complimented pair of shoes are a pair of squarish-toed Kenneth Cole monkstraps with block heels and a press stud closure on the straps. Seriously.
Sad as it is, that's true in America. Europeans (rightly) call square-toed KC shoes "those ugly American" shoes.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
My alden shell bals:
Sri, are those chili? Interesting shoes.
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Lolwut? Where are the numbers in this thread? Your sample size is what, like, 5?
This thread is over 100 posts, with lots of submissions. Count again. The landslide is almost as decisive as Reagan getting reelected. Brogue. Additional points for texture or rare color (chestnut, walnut, cognac, etc) Considering the tiny % of shoes sold that are brogue, and the vast majority of replies to this thread indicating brogue as the outright winner, this is the most statistically significant data ever presented on SF. I am ordering the Cheaney's tomorrow. Boot + Brogue + Pebble = Homerun

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
you like it, teh cock and teh balls?

Apparently that is the "Italian look." The silhouette is a bit drapey and unstructured for me, though.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Sri, are those chili?
Interesting shoes.

This thread is over 100 posts, with lots of submissions. Count again.
The landslide is almost as decisive as Reagan getting reelected.
Brogue. Additional points for texture or rare color (chestnut, walnut, cognac, etc)

Considering the tiny % of shoes sold that are brogue,
and the vast majority of replies to this thread indicating brogue as the outright winner,
this is the most statistically significant data ever presented on SF.

I am ordering the Cheaney's tomorrow.
Boot + Brogue + Pebble = Homerun

You are a true Styleforum original and a gem. Please do not ever stop being you. I mean that. You bring me immense joy.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
You are a true Styleforum original and a gem. Please do not ever stop being you. I mean that. You bring me immense joy.

This.

ktrp

Reaction score
What you are missing, Reevolving, is that the same shoes that get the most compliments are also the ones that attract the most dislike.

The more shoes (or anything else) stand out from the norm, the more they will generate strong opinions.

I suppose this may be why 'club' wear is wilder then business wear. In business wear, generating a mild positive impression from almost everyone is desirable. If you're heading out to pick up women, you're better off turning off 80% of women but having 20% think you're awesome.

Vecna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
What you are missing, Reevolving, is that the same shoes that get the most compliments are also the ones that attract the most dislike. The more shoes (or anything else) stand out from the norm, the more they will generate strong opinions. I suppose this may be why 'club' wear is wilder then business wear. In business wear, generating a mild positive impression from almost everyone is desirable. If you're heading out to pick up women, you're better off turning off 80% of women but having 20% think you're awesome.
I get your point, shoes that draw attention are polarizing, but I don't think you're going to be "turning off" most women with cheaney brogue boots. You'd certainly attract a different sort of person were you wearing keds or pumas.

ktrp

Reaction score
I don't consider brogue boots that polarizing! I suppose some people don't like them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics