• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These pebble grain longwings have more flair than all my SC PTB's (which are plain & invisible to normal people) As a bonus, b/c of the bulletproof pebblegrain, they don't really scratch. I don't fear wearing them out with excessive use.
wingal.jpg
Do you have a "go to" pair of shoes that are always a winner? Not necessarily what you like, but what consistently gets noticed by others. Let's see pics.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before this turns into another "pick on reevolving" thread... These shoes of mine get the most compliments in casual wear.

redirectingat.jpg

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
The only shoes that have been complemented by others have been my Converse low tops. My other shoes, including my $400+ pairs, have never been mentioned.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CheaneyFS029.jpg

Only had these a couple or so months and have already had countless compliments and a few have placed orders with Cheaney.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
The only shoes that have been complemented by others have been my Converse low tops. My other shoes, including my $400+ pairs, have never been mentioned.
People are overwhelmed by them and don't know how to react.
angry.gif
Britain To Chart Happiness Beginning in the spring of 2011, the government of the United Kingdom will conduct regular surveys of the happiness and well-being of its citizens. Here are some of the variables that will be measured: * Ratio of compliments received per pounds spent on shoes * How often you check that no one's looking and say, "****" * How often one sells out the Royal Albert Hall * Stiffness vs. pliability of upper lip * Distance in miles from Simon Cowell * How often one has just the perfect bit of beans on toast * Number of perfectly good pieces of string salvaged from the rubbish bin on monthly basis * Number of fake laughs per hour vs. number of sad laughs per hour
P.S. The best "shoe" compliment I ever received from a girl was when one of my friends said that I always look like I'm wearing brand new shoes. Of course, I explained that I only wear each pair once and throw it out. It was a very pleasant compliment.

juvefan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby

interestingly enough, i am in the same boat, unsolicited compliments came from a 17 year old girl who mentioned that she like my light blue converse hi-tops

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently had a colleague ask if my Alden Suede chukka's were Clarks Desert Boots
frown.gif
I seem to get asked about these AE Tresanas more than any others. I think it's the color.
DSC_7286j.jpg
DSC_7284j.jpg
Originally Posted by acecow
Before this turns into another "pick on reevolving" thread...
Well, if the shoe fits...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Red Wing GT 9011/Black Cherry boots, just like these:

9011_1.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
Only had these a couple or so months and have already had countless compliments and a few have placed orders with Cheaney.

I am with you. I have never owned a pair of shoes that have received more unanimous approval and praise. I have yet to run into anyone who does not find something appealing about them. Although my G&G's and EG's are certainly more near and dear to me, these darn boots have something for everyone
smile.gif

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
CheaneyFS029.jpg

Those are absolutely sick...deets? where to robokop?

Racing Green

Reaction score
The ladies love the brogues/wingtips! I have the same Cheaney boots as kev777 and get loads of compliments. The other shoe that gets the same attention is another brogue, Loake Chesters.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
P.S. The best "shoe" compliment I ever received from a girl was when one of my friends said that I always look like I'm wearing brand new shoes. Of course, I explained that I only wear each pair once and throw it out. It was a very pleasant compliment.
same. goes with the fact that the world at large cant recognize quality shoes, but will notice that theyre clean and well kept

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics