• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right.
But I need some of the fantastic Barbera's clothes ;-)

To me, nothing spectacular there just classic. I think the Cadogan would easily improve the look - burnishing and all. Needless to say, I believe you and I are in strong agreement. Cheers.

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
_IGP9955.jpg

_IGP9967.jpg

Kemper

Reaction score

To me, nothing spectacular there just classic. I think the Cadogan would easily improve the look - burnishing and all. Needless to say, I believe you and I are in strong agreement. Cheers.

I have kept one chestnut pair of shoes, very casual, in scotch grain. Very classic in France too, the 180 loafer from JM Weston :

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tumblr_li2b5nLNvm1qfex1b.jpg

I think you could wear those burnished EGs with what Mr. Barbera is wearing and the would look smashing.

I REALLY like that look. What a fantastic, and daring, contrast. I think that chestnut color is more versatile than many people give it credit for.

Tailor Dan

Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
24nl26x.jpg

color 8 chukkas
argyles otc

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have kept one chestnut pair of shoes, very casual, in scotch grain. Very classic in France too, the 180 loafer from JM Weston :

I think Weston does this shoe better than anyone. I have a spot in my closet waiting for a pair.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This statement shows that you know jack about appreciating finely made footwear. The sole is as important as the upper. Newb.
See above insult.

Man, there's no reason to insult Ishi, and what's more, he knows much, much more than you do and you just look like an idiot.

I don't know whether you're offended that he didn't take your misguided advice to buy shoes that wouldn't suit him, but please stop commenting on things as if you are the sole judge of taste and quality.

this is not the right attitude, if i may say.

+1. It's not like anyone's actually wearing these to dig up fossils.

Although taste is personal, saying that they shouldn't be aesthetically pleasing on styleforum just doesn't make sense.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dover on the 606 In Dark Oak,
Ever since Selling my Ecton's, a few years ago - I was wanting a replacement.
I viewed the Green Suede range at the Jermyn St store - good looking Shoes if you have the 'Balls'...
Excuse the poor res IPhone pics.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...after all this years, you did this? my condolences.

Tailor Dan

Reaction score

I viewed the Green Suede range at the Jermyn St store - good looking Shoes if you have the 'Balls'...
Excuse the poor res IPhone pics.

Not quite what was hoping for as split toes are not my fave but glad you found and like.

Enjoy

http://gentlemansgent.blogspot.co.uk/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads