• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Nay on the first, yea on the second.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ditto this.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
Will there be an automatic option for the draft (i.e. draft from pre-set lists for people who can't be there to draft manually)?

I vote yay on the first measure.

Yes, if you aren't logged in to draft, the computer should automatically pick the next best player on the yahoo prerankings at the beginning of your turn. This CAN cause some problems however, due to the fact that it is entirely possible for you to end up with 8 first basemen or something drastic like that. (not very likely, but its possible) Make sure that if you KNOW you aren't going to make it, to arrange your rankings accordingly. IE try and tag a fwe solid position players and anticipate where certain players will go, then inflate their value by one or two rounds on your ranking list... many times you will end up with them.

Buster

Reaction score
Sunday is fine with me.
TS, we (sort of) elected you the commissioner to make these decisions for us. Whining is just part of the game.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Elected?

colgate.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
both are fine with me, if that's the consensus. As it's set up I'm going to be drafting two leagues at once, and not sure if that's at all possible.

Holy **** I better be able to find an internet connection that weekend. Going to be in Germany, I think.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Just joined (finally) team name- Tombstone Blues

Yea on 1st.

No preference on 2nd.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Also, will we be able to get this pinned in place of the football thread?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Just joined (finally) team name- Tombstone Blues

Yea on 1st.

No preference on 2nd.

Welcome! Are we agreed on the draft now be Sunday, March 25th at 12:30EST?

Also, we could use one more team to get an even 12.

Anyone??

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The only live draft slot on Sunday the 25th is at 6am PST.

I'm not really that excited about getting up that early on sunday to draft fantasy baseball.

Any more ideas?

What time is the Opera on Sat?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe we can just create a chat room and draft there.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Maybe we can just create a chat room and draft there.
The only problem with that is that then we run into the people who take forever and don't remember who's gone already. I will be drafting for the fourth straight week by that point, and I will probably kill anyone in a live draft who isn't 100% ready to go. If you guys think you can handle it I'm willing to give it a shot, but the anyone who takes five minutes to pick or asks "Is _________ already gone?" Pays $50 into the pot in my name.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Andrew, will it help if we do it like an hour earlier on Sat. or anything?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Andrew, will it help if we do it like an hour earlier on Sat. or anything?

The Opera is at 1:30, so I'm essentially out of pocket from 12:30-5:00ish EST.
frown.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, well hows about Sat. evening then? we can go at either 3:30 or 3:45 PST

I hear tell that Satrurday Night's alright for fighting...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok... made final change to roster spots. We have gone back to \t C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL That is a 23 man roster (including bench spots) It will also save us 5 extra draft rounds which are pretty much worthless IMO from the previous lineup. This lineup reflects what an actual baseball team will field day in and day out, which also IMO, is the better way to do this. No multiple catchers, no 7 infielders. You can use the Util on a DH, or on an extra position player, if you so desire. Basically its just an extra batter either way. There is a pretty balanced pitching roster, five starting pitchers, three relievers and an extra whatever. The DL spot is available so you don't have to immediately drop a superstar because he's got a sprained ankle and won't play for a month. If you are lucky, you will never need to use the DL spot. If I'm supposed to make the decisions, and you are supposed to whine about them, I've made one - so commence whining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads