• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I didn't make it to 1st last year till after the All Star break. I never relinquished my hold until that gnat beat me in the final round of the playoffs.

Beware.

You've still never beaten me. I'm glad I give you something to live for.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only multiple injuries will derail, at the least, my taking the #1 seed. My pitching staff is next level, my already potent offense now bolstered by the ridiculousness of Joe Mauer. I have but one category I will not dominate, that being saves, but I still have 2 closers there (thanks for Hoffman!).

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Steve, I'll trade you a bag of rusty razor blades for Pavano. I think the razors would hurt you less.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Only multiple injuries will derail, at the least, my taking the #1 seed. My pitching staff is next level, my already potent offense now bolstered by the ridiculousness of Joe Mauer. I have but one category I will not dominate, that being saves, but I still have 2 closers there (thanks for Hoffman!).

I have no problem with this as long as I'm ahead of Steve. I called the number two spot months ago.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are you panicking already? Whats with the fire sale?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Uh...JP Howell is a closer and LaTroy Hawkins no longer is.

Carl Pavano may singlehandedly cost me this week and Gil Meche has had two straight excellent outings.

Not as humorous as you dropping Branyan for Lopez, then picking him up again. I should have paid more attention to that one.

I would never panic against the likes of you.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Carl Pavano may singlehandedly cost me this week

I love how you've already accepted defeat. Way to think like a loser.
smile.gif

If your team isn't able to overcome a bad start or two, you don't deserve to win. Hell, Wandy stunk it up worse than Pavano... I'm not crying about it. I still have your number.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
I own Cabrera and was offered CC. From what you say - I should accept (?)

I'd take it in a heartbeat. A guy that can practically guarantee you a category week in week out is pretty invaluable, plus I'd take the TB offense over detroit any day.

Unless you're winning steals anyway and desperately need rbis/hrs, obviously.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I love how you've already accepted defeat. Way to think like a loser.
smile.gif

If your team isn't able to overcome a bad start or two, you don't deserve to win. Hell, Wandy stunk it up worse than Pavano... I'm not crying about it. I still have your number.

Yes- you will be on the short end of a 3-6 or a 2-7 number.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes- you will be on the short end of a 3-6 or a 2-7 number.

You are a funny guy, but I think all those drugs you did in the sixties damaged your brain.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You are a funny guy, but I think all those drugs you did in the sixties damaged your brain.

Dude, I was 11 exiting the decade and didn't do my first drug until well after that.

Neither you nor j believe this, but I don't do any now.

Ibanez is down. It could only be 4-6.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, I was 11 exiting the decade and didn't do my first drug until well after that.

Neither you nor j believe this, but I don't do any now.

Ibanez is down. It could only be 4-6.

It amuses me that when I make predictions (many of which end up being pretty close) It is hubris, and when you do it, its justified. Even though you are currently trailing me by 4.

It just so happens that I always think I'm going to beat you. It's just because I always have better players, and strategy than you do. You are the John McCain to my Barack Obama, if you will. How does it feel?
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
It amuses me that when I make predictions (many of which end up being pretty close) It is hubris, and when you do it, its justified. Even though you are currently trailing me by 4.

It just so happens that I always think I'm going to beat you. It's just because I always have better players, and strategy than you do. You are the John McCain to my Barack Obama, if you will. How does it feel?
smile.gif

Actually your lead is tenuous at best- 6-4. And I'm well within striking distance in all categories.

Because the earth turns on its axis.

Therefore the coyote is beloved as is Sylvester.

Tweetie and the Roadrunner are wished their comeuppance by peoplez everywhere.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Because the earth turns on its axis. Therefore the coyote is beloved as is Sylvester. Tweetie and the Roadrunner are wished their comeuppance by peoplez everywhere.
I think little Stevie Wonder got into the wine tonight... The above is nearly incoherent.
smile.gif
Did you seriously just compare yourself to inept, antagonistic, cartoon punching bags, who's sole purpose for existing is to play comic foil to the more intelligent and prepared main character? I don't think I could have put it better myself, actually.
smile.gif
I don't think people have started to pity you like they do Wile E Coyote though. I wouldn't push the sympathy angle too hard yet. Give it another 40 years or so of futility against me and we'll see where you stand.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Actually your lead is tenuous at best- 6-4.

When I wrote what I wrote, it was 7-3 smartass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads