• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

whallyden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
man cave:

DSC02262.jpg

#winning

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winning! With the old Porsche, it reminds me of some of the bachelor pads that Playboy magazine featured in the 1960's and 70s. Crossposted from my apartment thread:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
OK, so we're selling as it is, because of the baby who's expected in a couple of weeks. We never got around to installing a new kitchen, so we'll sell it with the old, crappy one that was there when we moved in. Oteherwise, all the walls were just plastered and painted again, and the bathroom is three-four years old. We decided to leave the floors as they were, we've just scrubbed them brutally, which I think left a nice patina, although many people would want the floors refinished, I guess. Estate agent's photos, mostly:
DSC05087.jpg
stue2.jpg
det1.jpg
stue4.jpg
det.jpg
spisestue1.jpg
spisestue3.jpg
soverom.jpg
utsikt.jpg
bad.jpg
kjokken3.jpg
Views:
utsikt3.jpg
utsikt2.jpg
utsikt1.jpg
DSC07625765765.jpg
DSC07625765761.jpg
DSC05062.jpg

henrikc

Reaction score
Ah, Oslo. Is it in one of the old working class districts? I know that they used to install a lot of the cast iron ovens there, and the views kind of add up. I'm guessing somewhere east of Sofienberg?

Anyways, I love the floors, and seems like a great apartment.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Nice job, LS. Are the floors in all the units? I'm looking forward to renovating an old house and installing raw wood planks some day.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you must be bummed to be leaving. you did a great job on that place. i remember wha ti tlooked like hwen you moved in, LS.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by henrikc
Ah, Oslo. Is it in one of the old working class districts? I know that they used to install a lot of the cast iron ovens there, and the views kind of add up. I'm guessing somewhere east of Sofienberg? Anyways, I love the floors, and seems like a great apartment.
A local! And you're spot-on, it's on Ring 2, about 200 meters from Carl Berners plass.
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Nice job, LS. Are the floors in all the units? I'm looking forward to renovating an old house and installing raw wood planks some day.
You mean the other apartments in the building? Yes, mostly, although some have been covered up. The planks are quite thick, so they can be ground and polished down repeatedly.
Originally Posted by Fred49
My-place-1.jpg
My room
Very
nice, particularly the ceiling/skylight solution. Is it based on an older (industrial?) building, or is it new from the ground up?
Originally Posted by GQgeek
you must be bummed to be leaving. you did a great job on that place. i remember wha ti tlooked like hwen you moved in, LS.
Yeah, slightly bummed, mostly because we didn't get around to fixing up the kitchen and hall properly. I would have liked to see it spick-and-span before we sold it. The new place is even better, though: Far, far better location, an extra room for the imminent kid, a nice balcony, original oak floors (look much, much better), open fireplace, etc. etc. It's not at all bigger, though, which may prove to be an unwise move, with this son-and-heir thing moving in.
Originally Posted by Imhoff
LS, really dig your place. Not necessarily my choice on rugs, but definitely liked what you did with everything else!
Yeah, the rugs are not the best. The one on the bedroom floor was actually used as a doormat outside the apartment for the last three years, we just had it properly cleaned. The rug under the dining-table I'd like to keep, although it's not to everyone's taste, I admit. I can't put the finger on why I like it, which makes it interesting. It's a thirties art deco, quite similar to a kelim in the way it's woven, but the pattern looks more like a navajo type, or like traditional "folk" Norwegian wall coverings. When we had a lot of bookcases in that room, it was far less prominent.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its new ground up. All the windows are north facing dual glaze etc... All the walls and ceilings are foamed with Icynene (6" to 10") and have radiant barrier plywood. The lights are low voltage. The energy cost is about $150 a month during the summer when it is 95-100 out. The roof is a white thermoplastic, we get tons of reflected light in the skylights. We have one bank of west facing windows and for that we have used exterior venetian blinds. They work great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads