• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

rpatrick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I'm considering the Audience line or the Focus line for a primarily home theatre application with some musical use. Most likely, 5.1 with a SVS sub.. not sure yet on the power plant / processing. I want a MC207 but the likelihood of that in the next 5 years is pretty freaking slim so I'll probably end up with Arcam gear or a Denon receiver as my pre/pro with a respectable 7-chan; I also won't be opting for a CD Transport or anything too audiophile-centric in the system's inception.. mostly FLAC output via the HTPC. How do you like your Danes?

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Thanks Roy-quality gear. A friend uses Herbies tube dampers in his Audio Research amp.

Thanks Artisan Fan.

Kronik, I love the speakers, though admittedly, I didn't audition any others really. Just read up on them and found a lot of good things said about the line and the company.

I'm really an audiophile from a music lover's perspective. I love my music and want to hear it reproduced well. I don't really speak the audiophile lingo. That said, Dynaudio are a pretty special speaker company.

rpatrick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rpatrick
Thanks Artisan Fan.

Kronik, I love the speakers, though admittedly, I didn't audition any others really. Just read up on them and found a lot of good things said about the line and the company.

I'm really an audiophile from a music lover's perspective. I love my music and want to hear it reproduced well. I don't really speak the audiophile lingo. That said, Dynaudio are a pretty special speaker company.

I should add that they sounded a hell of a lot better when they were on their floorstands. The usual tug of war with the wife over stereo equipment taking up floorspace in the new place banished them to the top of the record cabs.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
The look from my yard:

View from the roof terrace:

The current living room:

The new living room:

The furniture I bought:

This is how it looks from the street at the moment:

This is how it should look from the street when it's done:

A little update, my home still isn't done yet. I hope the contractor will be done by february. So I can move all my stuff in, finally. if the contractor makes the february deadline he spent a full year working on it.

The view from the terrace:

the front:

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Show us yours, then, LK....
2407535836_2fb80ca4ae.jpg
I have '60s Danish furniture.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
2407535836_2fb80ca4ae.jpg

I have '60s Danish furniture.

I'm surprised you have standard white walls. I would have expected some damask wallpaper made from the skins of orphaned puppies.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I'm surprised you have standard white walls. I would have expected some damask wallpaper made from the skins of orphaned puppies.

White walls are rather practical for background.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have slowly but surely been "undoing" all of the bright colors that we originally painted on the walls throughout our house. Back to all-white, the perfect background as you say.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You bought the tortoise lamp?

If you did pay that much, you really should update the quality of the rest of the place.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
You bought the tortoise lamp? If you did pay that much, you really should update the quality of the rest of the place.
No, it's another tortu lamp. The quality is fine though I daresay I should cull a lot of my stuff. I have an huge amount of books stacked about, and also assorted decorative items.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want a luxe East German Modernist look. Inspired by the Iammatt, I am considering the Pistillo lamp:
pistillo2.jpg
It reminds me of the late Palast der Republik in former East Berlin.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not allowed to paint the white walls in your apartment are you?
wink.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want a luxe East German Modernist look.

Inspired by the Iammatt, I am considering the Pistillo lamp:

I think it looks great with small framed artwork and white walls. It is in its element. Here is ours next to a small drawing:

200804120005edited1ev9.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think it looks great with small framed artwork and white walls. It is in its element. Here is ours next to a small drawing:

The Invisible One?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads