• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Serica elite

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have any information on the neckwear by Serica Elite?

How do they compare with other brands such as Hermes, Charvet, Kiton?

And also what are their prices?

thc

Reaction score
Hmm...never heard of that brand. Let us know if you find out more.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just found out some more. They are handcrafted in Italy out of 100% silk, and the prices are in upwards of $115. Also they have a signature 14kt gold logo, and chain on the back.

thc

Reaction score
that's really interesting. How old is the brand? Is it sold in any of the department stores?

pstoller

Reaction score
I've got a couple of older Serica ties. Nice silks ("serica" is Italian for "silk"), nothing special in the construction but not bad. I don't know who carries the line"”I haven't seen it in dept. stores, but perhaps some of the tie specialty shops have it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have brioni ties (also completely hand-made) that have a gold colored metal nameplate on the loop onthe back of the tie; they're $195 canadian. Are you sure that it's real gold? I would think they'd be more expensive if it were, unless it's gold plated. I'm not saying it's not, but the price just sounds low for a hand made tie with gold on it heh.

Joe G

Reaction score
I have brioni ties (also completely hand-made) that have a gold colored metal nameplate on the loop onthe back of the tie;
Just curious: does it have a small (ca. 1cm) push-pin at the top corner of the "square" where the two sides fold back up? Both of my Brionis (which, incidentally, have the Brioni name silkscreened into the back and into the button-catch thingy rather than the gold tag) have them, and none of my other ties have anything like that.

As an aside, it seems that prices in Canada in general are pretty good. CAN$195 is like US$100, right?

Peace,

JG

PS: I thought that "seta" was Italian for silk. (I know that it's "Seide" in German and think it is "soie" in French.)

pstoller

Reaction score
I thought that "seta" was Italian for silk.
Y'know, I knew something was wrong with that as soon as I wrote it. Yes, "seta" is Italian for "silk." "Serica" is Latin for "silk," and the Latin is derived from the Greek "serikos" (silken). Thanks for catching that.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya Joe, there's a really tiny pin or something in there. I always wondered what that was also... Aside from that the ones i have also have the silkscreened Brioni along with a number at the top of the square. Can $195 is US $125.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heh, I just looked at a tie. My pin is gone (I tend to play with it for some reason without even thinking though) and it seems to just hold the two flaps together. I guess that helps prevent the stitching come undone? Don't know what else it would do...

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I removed the pins from a couple of my Brioni's. And the "gold" plate is obviously not that, but I do believe it's brass.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually do not know how old the brand is, and I think the stores that carry it are usually high end men's stores. Also I do think the logo is plated not solid gold.

mgavriel

Reaction score
I hope it's not a problem to shamelessly bump this thread. My local menswear store sells Serica Elite ties. I have several and love them all, and they did all come with the chain and some but not all of them have a "SERICA" logo silkscreened as well. I'm new to the forums, searched for Serica Elite, and am wondering if any new info on the brand might be around with this bump.

Thanks.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgavriel
I hope it's not a problem to shamelessly bump this thread. My local menswear store sells Serica Elite ties. I have several and love them all, and they did all come with the chain and some but not all of them have a "SERICA" logo silkscreened as well. I'm new to the forums, searched for Serica Elite, and am wondering if any new info on the brand might be around with this bump.

Thanks.

Wow!

Bumped after 5 years and 2 months.

Oh, the power of SF
worship.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I have two and the silks are very thick and high quality. Not quite as delicate as Charvet but still high quality. The hand is better than Zegna and such brands.

I don't wear them since they don't really jive with my outfits, but they're nice things. Sort of reminds me of Bulgari actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads