• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha grundle..I'm waiting for my overdyed man..!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think kiya mention on sufu the BK doesn't necessarily need an initial soak right?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think kiya mention on sufu the BK doesn't necessarily need an initial soak right?

yah, overdyes for me too!!!!

and yes, the BK is essentially shrunken by the dye process so no need to soak.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.

Yup, no need to soak the black ones, they overdye process acts as the initial soak.

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
These are are blend of both natural and synthetic.
does the synthetic improve the fade contrast or is it the same as all IH's?

bakatora

Reaction score
I've never owned a pair of denim >14.5oz so forgive the ignorance.. but does the weight/thickness of the material warrant a size up? Or is everyone going TTS on these?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
I've never owned a pair of denim >14.5oz so forgive the ignorance.. but does the weight/thickness of the material warrant a size up? Or is everyone going TTS on these?

Go true to size, the weight has nothing to do with the sizing, they run true to size. The indigo ones shrink to the tagged size and the black ones come at tagged size and do not shrink.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When you say the denim will eventually stretch an inch in the waist, is that in addition to the stretching that will happen when you wear them post soak? In other words, will a tagged 33 stretch out to 34" or 35"?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
When you say the denim will eventually stretch an inch in the waist, is that in addition to the stretching that will happen when you wear them post soak? In other words, will a tagged 33 stretch out to 34" or 35"?

are you talking about regulars or overdye?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regulars. I would have to start turning tricks to justify buying such a pricey pair of black denim, motherfucking amazing as they look.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you may want to wait for kiya's input, but i believe the 33 measures 34 raw, will shrink to 33 when washed, and then back out to 34ish.

i got the overdyes because i have no self control or sense of restraint.

and there's no math involved.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, my math shortcomings don't help.

I usually take a 33 in jeans, but that's going TTS. They're a bit snug at first, but then get much more comfortable with wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads