• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
cover your bank account's ears, but some Diors are already made with Japanese denim.
rimshot.gif

SHUT PU U SUXX0R.

Seriously, I was close to buying a pair of the 21cm's last week before I went to visit BiG. In the end I'm glad I didn't, but there really is something about the Dior cut that's pretty amazing. I just wasn't particularly impressed with the denim and construction, at least not when compared to the denimheadalicious Japanese brands.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The first Selfedge x Styleforum promotional jean will be Sugarcane Hawaiis.

The jeans normally retail at $295. For January, and January only, they will be 25% off, $221.25, which is a really good deal especially with free shipping to the US. Shipping outside the US is $20.

Descriptions and pics below used with permission from History Preservation.

Complete description:

Hawaii Selvage-Denim Dungarees are for those who can appreciate the myriad of nuances and character found in the finest single-malt scotch, the clearest, most colorless diamond or a handcrafted, centuries-old oriental rug. They comprise a blend of traditional dyeing techniques and styling with innovation and creativity in textile development. These dungarees represent the higher end of Japanese selvage denim and are at the heart of the pride of the Sugar Cane brand, being constructed of fibers derived from the plant that gave rise to the brand name – SUGAR CANE. It starts with a basic vintage selvage dungaree style, in this case the famous Levi XX 501 button-fly, five-pocket selvage-denim dungarees of 1947. The cut and fit is nothing like the pale imposters masquerading as 501’s today. These are identical to the original vintage style, which is with a higher waist, looser seat and a straight, wider, non-tapering leg design commonly called the “stovepipe.” This traditional vintage design style is then married with the result of 25 years of research and experimentation into making the hardest wearing, most-exotic and innovative vintage selvage dungarees ever attempted, incorporating knocked –out distinctiveness in detailing.

These are made from 50% cotton and 50% sugarcane fibers. The unusually short sugarcane fibers give the denim a unique slubby look and once broken in these things look absolutely amazing. The patch is a hair on horse hide patch from Hawaii and the indigo was cultivated in Hawaii. As always Sugarcane going all out for these with a pair of jeans that have a slightly slimmer cut than the rest of their line.

Selfedge Store hours:
Monday to Saturday = Noon to 7PM
Sundays = Noon to 5PM

www.selfedge.com

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
In the end I'm glad I didn't, but there really is something about the Dior cut that's pretty amazing. I just wasn't particularly impressed with the denim and construction, at least not when compared to the denimheadalicious Japanese brands.
That's where the Self Edge x Iron Heart collab comes into play. The Dior cut in far superior denim and construction... stervling silver rivets, japanese selvedge, 35" inseam, hidden rivets, the works..

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
That's where the Self Edge x Iron Heart collab comes into play.
The Dior cut in far superior denim and construction...
stervling silver rivets, japanese selvedge, 35" inseam, hidden rivets, the works..

geebus that sounds SICK AS HELL. any idea on $$$ and availability?

Dexstar

Reaction score
aww i was hoping for a slimmer cut pair for the first promotion I just ripped the crotch on my skulls, 3 weeks in
frown.gif
, and now i NEED a new pair either way great deal... props to both ends for doing this

ninjapie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexstar
aww i was hoping for a slimmer cut pair for the first promotion I just ripped the crotch on my skulls, 3 weeks in
frown.gif
, and now i NEED a new pair either way great deal... props to both ends for doing this

Aww, what happened? Had it anything to do with the size? I remember you mentioned something about how you needed an extra inch in the waist or so~

Dexstar

Reaction score
yea, the waist stretched alright, but the thighs were too tight and after some skating i found a small hole where the seams ripped no big deal gives me an excuse for some new jeans im thinking S5000BK
smile.gif
but imma continue with these skulls, theyre looking good pretty quick so id hate to stop ill just keep it to easy bowl riding and whatnot

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will be the death of me.

interchino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
This will be the death of me.

HAHAHA, I know what you mean PG2G. With this and the DB affiliate discount, my wallet is going to take a beating.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so history preservation gave you permission to post pics of the jeans they sell from a different store for like $200 cheaper? man they're weird. so are the really the US distrubutor of sugar cane?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
so history preservation gave you permission to post pics of the jeans they sell from a different store for like $200 cheaper? man they're weird. so are the really the US distrubutor of sugar cane?

$200 cheaper?
retail on Okinawas is $295, we're offering 25% off.. that brings them to $221.25..
you must be looking at a different product..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for the hook kiya.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
$200 cheaper? retail on Okinawas is $295, we're offering 25% off.. that brings them to $221.25.. you must be looking at a different product..
i was saying you guys were cheaper. history preservation is like a billion bucks for 1947's... just looked on their site, did they drop the prices?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads