• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Nice timing. I'll be in NYC the weekend after that (the 14th). I'll be sure to stop by and check the store out. Perhaps kop some more jeans while I'm there.

Any idea if you're going to be in NYC/the store that weekend?

I'll be at SENY the opening weekend, which is July 24/25/26.

Kagemucha

Reaction score
Hey kiya, or really anyone in San Francisco, I recently bought a pair of SExSC06, sz 29. I just soaked them and wore them for half a day. The waist and thighs are perfect, but I'm slightly dissappointed in the taper (or lack thereof). I knew these are only a slim cut jean, but I was hoping there would be more of a taper. I know SE isn't a tailor, but do you do jean alterations? If not, do you have any suggestions for a good tailor to get my jeans tapered?

While I'm posting anyway, would there be a problem with doing alterations on these since they are unsanforized?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemucha
Hey kiya, or really anyone in San Francisco, I recently bought a pair of SExSC06, sz 29. I just soaked them and wore them for half a day. The waist and thighs are perfect, but I'm slightly dissappointed in the taper (or lack thereof). I knew these are only a slim cut jean, but I was hoping there would be more of a taper. I know SE isn't a tailor, but do you do jean alterations? If not, do you have any suggestions for a good tailor to get my jeans tapered?

While I'm posting anyway, would there be a problem with doing alterations on these since they are unsanforized?

facepalm.gif

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
lmao the SEXSC06 is cut fine, as it was meant to be a slim straight fit
if you were looking for something with a more dramatic taper you shouldve looked elsewhere...
Dior's would fit your need for a more dramatic taper, or if you waited a few months you could have copped the SEXI08, which is even more tapered than 19cm Diors...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kagemucha

We don't taper jeans, but we send our customers to SF Tailors, they'll do a good clean job and their rates are reasonable:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-francisc...-san-francisco

Edit: There is no hurt in tapering a jean made of unsanforized denim outside of the fact we believe you should just leave it. Then again, if you're not happy with it tapering it might be the way to go.

Kagemucha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
lmao the SEXSC06 is cut fine, as it was meant to be a slim straight fit
if you were looking for something with a more dramatic taper you shouldve looked elsewhere...
Dior's would fit your need for a more dramatic taper, or if you waited a few months you could have copped the SEXI08, which is even more tapered than 19cm Diors...

Yes, perhaps a slim-straight is not my ideal fit, but I bought these for the unique slack denim, not necessarily the fit. I think sugarcane has another slack denim model, but that is a much more loose fit.

And thanks kiya, I'll check them out.

migel

Reaction score
Just got my Skulls yesterday and they are excellent. Many thanks to Self Edge. I will definitely be buying more stuff from them in the future.

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Where exactly is SENY located? I'll be in New York that weekend

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtgguy777
Where exactly is SENY located? I'll be in New York that weekend

At least read the page you're currently viewing FFS!

Originally Posted by kiya
157 Orchard @ Rivington in the Lower East Side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics