• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seeking advice on Suit Supply and their sizing for first suit purchase

JokerAU

Reaction score
I'm currently about to purchase my first suit and I've decided to purchase one from Suit Supply. However, their sizing sort of throws me off. I went to a tailor the other day and had my measurements taken down and they're below in the image provided. Could anyone here help me in picking out the appropriate size in the Lazio fit? Or will the Lazio even suit my body type? I don't want the Napoli if it's going to look boxy. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

JtV3NVM.jpg

Astaroth

Reaction score
Have to say the diagram looks much more like something used by a MTM salesman than a tailor but still.

Is there a reason you cant go to SuitSupply and see for yourself? Paper notes of dimensions only really give a 2D idea of your shape hence the check boxes to try and add more 3 dimensionality in terms of "portly" or "regular" and if you ever hear a cutter talking to an apprentice they talk about the shape, a dropped shoulder etc rather than someone being 32.25".

cowpoke

Reaction score
You must go to the store to see, but an SS 34 or 36 should fit you fine (they were trying to push a 36 regular on me, even though I'm 6'1", and aside from being short it wasn't too far off). The Sienna likely will work for you. But again, do see it in person. You may not like how their suits are constructed.

Reaction score
I am close to NYC, but getting into the city to go to a store is very time consuming, so I ordered a suit. Free shipping both ways so why not? First one I ordered fit nice, but was too big, sent it back for a size down and I'm all set. Quick shipping if you're near a store too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads