• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
yes. the ones in the listing will fit you.

i would put blue jeans or black jeans both above 'the easiest color to pair with anything' though.
i never liked the grey dior jeans either...

always seemed to be the ones going for cheap on ebay or left over at sale time. that shiny grey aswell... *shudders*

Last edited:

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always find it somewhat funny to see SLP fits being posted with $5k jackets and items ranging from $3-8,000 in settings that can only be described as 'Moms bedroom with the closet mirror' or worse, 'a small room I stay in at mom's basement'. Reminds me of people that lease super expensive cars but live in a bachelor in the ghetto.

KYeezy

Reaction score

I always find it somewhat funny to see SLP fits being posted with $5k jackets and items ranging from $3-8,000 in settings that can only be described as 'Moms bedroom with the closet mirror' or worse, 'a small room I stay in at mom's basement'. Reminds me of people that lease super expensive cars but live in a bachelor in the ghetto. 

I guess in your eyes a small room automatically equals to living at home lol

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess in your eyes a small room automatically equals to living at home lol

Not sure which pic you think i'm referring to, but it's not yours. The room's in the pic's i'm talking about are not small at all. I actually like small pad's. Most New Yorker's with good taste have incredible places the size of a shoebox. It's more of a general observation on multiple forums. I'm talking more about the decor / furniture / bedding, etc

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've wondered the same. Not just SLP but SF in general. The way I see it, if someone spends $5K in a jacket I'm assuming he's making A LOT of money and he must have a huge house(s) and a $100K+ car.

Last edited:

youwhat

Reaction score
whats the cut off point for amounts you can spend on clothes in relation to flat / mansion / castle, that you're allowed to live?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've wondered the same. Not just SLP but SF in general. The way I see it, if someone spends $5K in a jacket I'm assuming he's making A LOT of money and he must have a huge house(s) and a $100K+ car.

SF attracts a wealthy crowd. SW&D tends to be younger, so you'll have wealthy families, but if you mosey on over to the MW side you'll see that most forumites are successful in their respective fields. While some may spend 5K on a leather jackets, others drop 4K on custom suits, and then if you add in a couple shirts etc. you're at 5K easy, too.

Anyway, who cares if wealthy kids are buying 5K jackets vs. 35K BMWs? I'm sure almost everyone here is going to or has gone to good colleges and will find success. If you're into looking sharp at a young age you're already way ahead of the curve, at least in the states. :D

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would consider spending $5k on a jacket but would probably never spend $100k on a car regardless of income and have little interest in owning a huge house.

Last edited:

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's all about values, not everyone values the same things in life....and that's a fabulous premise....indifference.

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I would consider spending $5k on a jacket but would probably never spend $100k on a car regardless of income and have little interest in owning a huge house.

Yep, it's all about values, not everyone values the same things in life....and that's a fabulous premise....indifference.

I completely agree! I own a 2013 Ford Focus SE, 20K car, and wear Balmain and Saint Laurent. a car is a car. Appearance is everything to me. You can't walk into a room with a 200K car. lol

keanswon

Reaction score

If I could, I totally would spend $$$ on cars lol but I've always been a car kid since I was like three. Don't care about huge houses though. A small apartment/flat would be ideal.

ryansmith

Reaction score
I have a small but beautiful apartment in the east village, and do not own or need a car.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

A few kids instagrammed into buying SLP jeans isn't some sort of economic/social/whatever elite cause they found some money to get them. Please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics