• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linstar

Reaction score

i'm 5'10 and my 30w is not EXACTLY on my knees so you might be pushing it. The blowouts are however large enough for no one to notice unlike the newer knee rips for example. A lot of people with those look like shin rips.

Any pictures of you with them on? My size is a 28, so maybe that will help a little.

therattler

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that on the YSL official Twitter account all Saint Laurent clothing credits now state Saint Laurent By Hedi Slimane whereas before it simply was credited as Saint Laurent. All these credit changes are post men's Palladium show.

it was originally this way. press went nuts, and wrote about it at the time of him showing up. search for news articles about it.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Anyone on the shorter side have any experience with the aw13 knee blowouts? Have an opportunity to purchase a pair, but not sure if they will look weird since I'm only 5'6.

I'm 5'6 almost 5'7 and I've bought a pair of knee blowouts before

definitely below the knee and I didn't mind in the beginning but eventually I decided that it doesn't look good at all

I feel like it makes me look shorter and I've stayed away from any kind of blownout jeans from slp since then

p.s. I wear size 26 in slp jeans so you can imagine them to be shin rips for you like someone said above

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
hell, i'm 6' and the knee blowouts never line up. i think they're best avoided unless by some miracle they actually line up, makes you look short and fat at the same time when they hit below the knee, double bonus.

Bussit

Reaction score
The grey suede cropped jodhpurs look mighty nice. May have to order to give them a try.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
i don't really feel any of the new cropped boots this season. western buckle ones are stupid, and the cropped chelseas are atrocious. the only decent ones are the grey. i don't get the logic behind any of the models this season.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some stuff from matches, and jsut got an e-mail asking for a picture of my passport, driver's license, or some such document. Anyone know what this is about?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quite a few overseas webshops used to/still do that to minimize fraud. I haven't ordered from Matches in about a year though, so not sure when they started implementing this policy.

Last edited:

edwardh123

Reaction score
I ordered some stuff from matches, and jsut got an e-mail asking for a picture of my passport, driver's license, or some such document. Anyone know what this is about?
I just got the same email, never had this before from them

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just sent them a photo of my license, which i hope is enough. Ordered the polka dot button down and three passant belt.

Shalashaska

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know, I never had any site that required a license, passport or any of the sort when purchasing clothes online.

tutto bene

Reaction score
One of my grails, I wear them all the time
biggrin.gif
. These only came out FW2014 I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong:

I've been keeping an eye out for a pair for a while. The only thing I dislike is how high the strap is, I've owned a pair of the SS16 30mms and the slightly lower strap is perfect.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nightriders + Hedi 30

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads