1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

obviously saint laurent is a more classic style and easier to build a wardrobe around but everything you said can be applied to rick too

it could be long tees and drop crotches from h&m or zara but the rick look is at a point where unless you see geobaskets or a leather jacket it could be a number of things, same exact thing where it comes down to details

but i agree, if you mix and match it's easier to not look like a copy in some sl

1 person likes this.
  2. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hedi leaving is definitely making the L01 easier to justify. Maybe I'll get it when I'm in London.

1 person likes this.
  3. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@scanner where did you see the black/blue sleeveless flannel?!

@chipskylurk haha completely agree...I'm going to do the new calf one I believe. Those silver boots are dope!

I was in the store yesterday and the manager said the FW should start filtering in in June. I'm hoping there are some good denim offering as I didn't like much other than the patch from SS.

4. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

Now that Hedi is leaving, what do you guys think are the must have Permanent Collection pieces? L01, Crop Jodhpurs etc

5. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where I can get a racer jacket

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

size? i think someone still has one on facebook group

7. jdemotion

jdemotion Well-Known Member

Bummed to hear about Hedi leaving but I honestly don't think that much will change for a few seasons. I don't see them getting rid of the PC stuff - harness wyatts, D02, L01, etc are just too popular to completely get rid of. Just like in the women's line that has the YSL branded stuff, I see those items sticking around for at least 2 seasons after AW16. Sort of like how DH still kept the jeans, I still see these items in the commercial vein.

8. LA4Lyfe

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

Ah there was sz50 that just sold and a 48

there is a 48 still up on grailed but too small for you..if i see 52 i'll let you know

10. LA4Lyfe

Damn alright.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  11. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

Anyone can help me to find these two Hedi 40 boots in black suede in size 40,5?
    I live in Milan if can helps.

Do you know the code of both pairs?

Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  12. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Managed to pick up a personal grail of mine today. After seeing Slann + Runway pics never thought id find it for a reasonable price at an outlet.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. JasonV

JasonV Well-Known Member

Found answer

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  14. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

This makes little sense to me. You can wear the Stooges, or the low/mid/(even!) high-collar intarsia jackets, or arguably even the mollino jacket, with anything. Think: t-shirt, D02, Hedi 30s, and one of those RO jackets. Replace the t-shirt with a freaking OCBD if you want. I don't see how the one RO item--jacket--means the overall fit is from RO's world. In fact I think what you say about SLP--"anything else...with exceptional tailoring and details" can apply to RO and really to any other reasonably high-end brand.

What matters are the specific items being mixed and matched.

2 people like this.
  15. echau

echau Well-Known Member

@mwn11, A+ pickup!

16. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

Probably pretty much all of kieran84's PC items. He really has a really good taste in the more sophisticated side of Saint Laurent. I think these would build a solid foundation for almost everyone:

Winter coat
    Spring/fall jacket
    Blazer
    Tops
    Skinny belt
    Skinny jeans
    Shoes/boots

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Looking for 3 passants black leather belt in size 90. Would appreciate any leads.

18. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

while i agree with you completely on the PC stuff and kieran's take on it all, you've basically just told this dude to buy everything. what are the essential items? all of it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Haha, good call Rattler, but yes, Kieran has it locked down the best, but edges toward a slightly dressier style if you can say that for SLP.

Things that I would not consider Kieran essentials, speaking completely out of turn here, would be the biker leathers, the Californian flannels or trucker hats, the vans-esque sneakers, and the more plebeian looking army gear (officer level is okay). :)

1 person likes this.
  20. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Apologies if anyone is a member anywhere else i posted this photo. In love with my new jacket [​IMG].

[​IMG]

14 people like this.