• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man this information is widely publicized for any company except for if someone uses Guidi leather and its a Japanese company so it seems

They probably use local sources I would imagine?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How do the shirts fit? I like the plaid one at Barney's, but it looks super cropped. Not so great for taller people?

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man this information is widely publicized for any company except for if someone uses Guidi leather and its a Japanese company so it seems
They probably use local sources I would imagine?

TOJ is Korean made and they use New Zealand Lambskin, so maybe not? I actually looked around online and could not find their source. They could source their calfskin differently though (and probably do).

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the shirts fit? I like the plaid one at Barney's, but it looks super cropped. Not so great for taller people?

I have two and have tried another and they were all fine, I have a long torso. They're a little boxy IME.

Last edited:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well
TOJ is Korean made and they use New Zealand Lambskin, so maybe not? I actually looked around online and could not find their source. They could source their calfskin differently though (and probably do).

Ok man - the lamb skin, where is it cured / treated / dyed? They don't come off the lambs like that.

Drew is pretty open and he has stated he sources from a fabric market in Seoul (iirc) and that's where he found everything he uses (except a few things). So, when I say sourced locally, that's what I mean - I doubt Geller is going to import special leather from various tanneries and then not talk about.

I have a Geller leather and multiple ToJ's, quality is similar.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I had to size up to a 48 for this shirt - it's pretty short and slim fitting.

Any chance you have a length measurement? It looks like it may be ok because the hem line is relatively flat, I usually just get into trouble when there is a high gusset.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Based on the measurements I've seen, it looks like it really depends on the shirt. That check shirt with the contrast sleeves looks like you could almost size down one, whereas the pleated arm shirt and the aforementioned dotted shirt are quite fitted for the tagged size.

Does anyone here own the dotted shirt? I shipped back the 50, but liked the pattern enough that I was considering using the credit to get the 52. My only concern is that the material felt like it might be prone to picking up lint.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well
Ok man - the lamb skin, where is it cured / treated / dyed? They don't come off the lambs like that.
Drew is pretty open and he has stated he sources from a fabric market in Seoul (iirc) and that's where he found everything he uses (except a few things). So, when I say sourced locally, that's what I mean - I doubt Geller is going to import special leather from various tanneries and then not talk about.
I have a Geller leather and multiple ToJ's, quality is similar.

It's hard to tell from forum text, but if I was offensive in any way I apologize. I was in a meeting and somewhat read over your post and missed some details.

You are very likely correct on all points. I only asked because I was looking for some quality lambskin to line an overcoat collar with and really liked the TOJ/Geller lambskin and was trying to find some thick stuff that would be similar. As it turns out, finding lambskin over 1mm is not easy (for me at least).

kubrick555

Reaction score

Any chance you have a length measurement? It looks like it may be ok because the hem line is relatively flat, I usually just get into trouble when there is a high gusset.

maas and stacks has measurements of the shirt in question.

artkid92

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking for a Robert Geller Ludwig t shirt in grey or navy blue but more so the grey version in a large or extra large if anyone has one for sale or knows were to find can you kindly inbox me have been searching forever thanks again :)

defpoetry

Reaction score
just saw an ss08 v-neck leather sample sold on y! japan. i am still desperately looking for the true version, released in the purple. help appreciated!

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why u rotate images for no reason SF?

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score
Damn, that contrast bib shirt looks even better in real-er life pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads