• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

TheSoonest

Reaction score
do people cut off the RgT tag or leave it on? just curious what people's take on it are... if you cut it off, do you have any ideas for it or just throw it in the trash?
the long inside tag that has the size on it? i usually cut it off as it sometimes gets bunched up or comes out the top of the pants haha. i have a drawer full of hem scraps and tags from my clothes over the years. don't know what to do with them either.

monologuist

Reaction score
When are you guys planning on restocking the Navy Canvas Stantons?

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Instead of getting the Stantons, I tried out the ar-g trousers and officer trousers (looking for other pants to wear to work) and man to my disappointment, they were skin tight everywhere and I couldn't even crouch in them. RT might not be for me :/

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Instead of getting the Stantons, I tried out the ar-g trousers and officer trousers (looking for other pants to wear to work) and man to my disappointment, they were skin tight everywhere and I couldn't even crouch in them. RT might not be for me :/

I'm actually pretty surprised how slim all their cuts are. The stanton is the least slim, and it's pretty skinny in the thigh for sure. The other pants are even slimmer. IME, if you are slim overall (ie in the waist) but have athletic thighs/butt you can't wear their pants. However...

Anyone have fit pics of the new safari/officer shorts?

I don't, but my buddy did pick some up and IMO they look pretty good on him. Contrary to my above comments, he's tall and lean, but has pretty muscular legs and they seem to work well for him w/ out being too tight. He likes how sturdy they are, as he does pretty much all his daily life on the bike.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

I'm actually pretty surprised how slim all their cuts are. The stanton is the least slim, and it's pretty skinny in the thigh for sure. The other pants are even slimmer. IME, if you are slim overall (ie in the waist) but have athletic thighs/butt you can't wear their pants.

Yeah man it's seriously tight despite the measurements. I think it's because RT measures their pants differently than others. I picked up railcarfinegoods spikes x012 with 22" thighs and it's comfortable and I can crouch easily. I would think 23" thighs officer trousers would fit but nope, like tights.

eyeq8402

Reaction score
anyone have a black supply jacket in medium they want to part with?

ModWar

Reaction score
Somehow RT just is not my fit. Never got a pair of denim especially SKs fitting right. My true size is really wide in the seat area and sizing down results in way too skinny legs from the knee down.
Anyone got similar problems?
If someone is interested in the Blue Chambray Jacquard which was one of their first shirts. I have a brand new size S which fits too large for me.
Just drop me a PM.

cellardoors

Reaction score
Yeah man it's seriously tight despite the measurements. I think it's because RT measures their pants differently than others. I picked up railcarfinegoods spikes x012 with 22" thighs and it's comfortable and I can crouch easily. I would think 23" thighs officer trousers would fit but nope, like tights.

Hear hear. I have an athletic biking body, so with SKs its either right in the waist, but tight at thigh/knee, or right in those parts and waaay to loose in the knee. I'm still looking for dark, mid-rise heavyweight jeans that are *slim/skinny* - but made for athletic bodies...

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Grayscale wash? Looking for a grey denim; considering JE as well, but their grey denim is super tapered through the calf.

Have the Stantons in Stealth and I love the fit. (The sizing stuff above doesn't match my experience oddly enough as I'm a 31 waist with weight lifters thighs and RT is a great fit on me.)

pocketnight

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of Dark Stantons but its hard to tell the fit from just measurements. RgT's measurements make them seem like they will fit me, but BlueOwl's make them seem really tight. I'm about a 32" waist with 22" thighs and a bit of a larger rear. I'd like a true slim straight fit, nothing too tight or loose. And I'd reckon I'm a 29 based of the waist size. Anybody have any insight to the fit? Does the Stanton work well for larger thighs and legs?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up the dark stantons in September and they SUCKED at first and are amazing now. For whatever reason the dark stantons stretch more than usual, so I went with a 33 (wear a 34 in everything else, I have to size up in 90% of pants, raw denim or not, so that the thighs fit, this was the first time I actually went TTS (though the waist is now pretty loose, don't need a belt but I'd say the waist is a size too big).
I need a 12.5" thigh minimum (guess that would make my actual thigh around 24") and these started skin tight and are no comfortably tight. They've stretched over an inch everywhere I need them to.

TLDR - RgT measurements are accurate and work for people with bigger thighs and top block IME.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 31 waist, athletic, and a 29 was perfect for me in the stealth Stanton.

pocketnight

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Man, the more I look into Rogue Territory the more conflicted I get. I keep hearing that they have room in the top block and work well for larger thighs, then I hear that they're skin tight on athletic build people. The measurements don't tell the full story either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads